BoQ Oct 23-24

gekhunter

Hey all, been awhile but thought i would report on a couple days fishing at BoQ.

Dad picked me up at 6:00 on the 23rd and we headed up...on the water by about 9:30. Started off trolling around the far side of the fairy. Like many others, marked a lot of fish but nothing...using variety of crank bait with and without dipsys and planers and at anywhere from 100ft to 300ft behind the boat.

By about 2:00 a little frustrated so decided to try some jigging in about 20 fow near the shore. managed to land about 12 perch for snack later on but no walleye- figured we might hook at least a little guy there?!?

After that headed back to the other side of the fairy and trolled until dark. Off the water just after 7:00 NO WALLEYE but beer time....

Next day, up a little late after having too many beers but on the water before 9:00...

Decided to head out closer toward Lake Ontario after hearing of some luck out there. So started trolling around the far side of the fairy to out past the lighthouse.

Fast forward until about 1:00 and I decide to try a small orange and copper spoon with a dipsy as we have tried everything in the book and starting a new troll.....5 minutes later and my rod is bent in half...fish on!!!! managed to land my PB walleye a nice 30" x 16.5" 10 pounder...caught about 35 feet down in 110 fow

200810241826.jpg

sorry for the poor quality of pic but of course my camera was dead so had to use my phone.

We did the same troll a couple of times more and we had another on but lost it when the dipsy wouldn't pop (at least that is what i will blame anyway).

other than a small silver bass that was it for the day.

Other than another little silver bass that was it. Can't complain though cause we missed missed the rain and had pretty good weather otherwise.

cheers

Greg

Nice fish....hey a 10 pounder is always worth the trip!

Any other boats getting any action?

It seems those fish get deeper and deeper every year!

Since it was only my second time up I can't speak for the deeper each year.

Stayed at Merland's and did see fish coming in. A couple 11 pounders, some smaller fish too in the 3-6 pound range but from what i gathered talking to some folks around the fish hut, everyone was working for them and not getting them in big numbers...maybe one fish per person if lucky.

Thats the size ofwalleye that makes the whole trip worthwile !!!!. :whistling: Thanks for the quinte update as well,its nice to see that some people are having luck with spoons,not too long ago thats what people used the most east of the ferry !!!..congrats on your new PB...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Edited by fishindevil