Is this normal or am I a total freak?!

Billy - Curtiss

It's been about 1 year now or so since I rediscovered this obsession with nearly all things fishing. And now it seems to have made its way into my sleep state as well. I have fishing related dreams at least 3 days a week and it's gotten so absurd that I often find myself waking to the sounds of my own laughter! I have one recurring dream where I hook about a 46' northern, bring it into shore only to have it snap the line and swim off to freedom right as I'm about to snap a picture. Am I insane? Should I seek therapy? Or do others share my sickness?!

Sounds to me like the after-effects of GCD's moonshine - did you perhaps sample it at Lakair?

Don

:thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

'Sample it' is a HUGE understatement. I reckon I was one of those blind mice that Joey was referring to! To the detriment of my liver...

Edited by Billy - Curtiss

You are fine, I on the other hand have the real issue...

When I close my eyes hoping for sleep, any first person type dream-thoughts I have I am wearing skates. ALWAYS

does not matter if I am fishing in my dream or running or swimming, I have SKATES ON.

VERY frustrating, and has kept me up all night many times

Don't worry Billy it only means you like fishing :Gonefishing:

Had a dream not long ago that i caught a world record smallmouth bass right in front of my house

while fishing in a sewer here in downtown Toronto. Best, most memorable dream ever. :canadian:

I had a bunch of recurring fishing dreams during winter time, it was interesting as I would be at the same lake each time and fish different parts of it each dream. I believe I had caught muskie and walleye but no bass. I catch bass a lot but never caught a muskie or walleye... go figure.