Night fishing for salmon at night

Cudz

Spoons out proform most other methods off of piers IMO. I have only caught one salmon in the dark in about 30 trips. Just before dark and right after dawn always seem to produce the higher numbers on the L Huron tribs. However, on a night near the full moon the numbers seem to go higher at night.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Now it may be different depending on the body of water. I've tried the Notty at night with fish splashing about but didn't have any hits at all on the glowing cleo. But I've also seen some reports with fish being caught on other bodies of water with glow spoons. Go out and give it a try, you're not giving yourself a chance by not being on the water.

Between moon rise and sunset is when I see the activity picking up. Never caught one at night but lots of people here do!

Spoons off of piers are the prefered method, so I've read. I never caught one that way, 'cause I just found out I was reelin' too fast, lol. At least all my spoons are super clean.

Also... count your depth before you start your retrieve. 5, 10, 15, 20 seconds... until you hit bottom, and do this while fan casting. For one thing, it gives you something to concentrate on when they are not hitting well, and for another, you cover a lot more water.

p.-

the problem with that is the salmon are also constantly changing depth and location...

went out tonight for an hour on the Notty and fan casted an area with a cleo glow spoon and ended up losing it and snapping my rod in half. Nice!

I had another rod but I didn't feel the joy after losing $100. Did n't see any rise so I went hom. I only live 15 mins away so I will go back another night.