What is a Michigan handle?

forrest

Found this:

Michigan: Designed for steelhead fishing (wading), the handle has a fly grip on the front fore grip and a small four (4) inch rear grip. The Michigan handle allows an angler to utilize the vast majority of the rod without him worrying about the handle splashing in the water nor hitting him in the ribs.

The longer foregrip lets you brace the rod under your forearm while fighting, without craning your wrist to hold onto the reel seat. Bracing the rod against the length of your arm gives you all kinds of control and leverage....try it while fighting on your float road...your arm just becomes longer extension of the rod.

The longer foregrip lets you brace the rod under your forearm while fighting, without craning your wrist to hold onto the reel seat. Bracing the rod against the length of your arm gives you all kinds of control and leverage....try it while fighting on your float road...your arm just becomes longer extension of the rod.

Thats exactly how I fight my fish on the float rod...only I brace my arm against the rear grip...

I guess its the same idea

Found this:

Michigan: Designed for steelhead fishing (wading), the handle has a fly grip on the front fore grip and a small four (4) inch rear grip. The Michigan handle allows an angler to utilize the vast majority of the rod without him worrying about the handle splashing in the water nor hitting him in the ribs.

"him"?!?!? apologize to Bly!!!

;)

p.-