Worked hard for a fish dinner

holdfast

Friday after work I hurried for the 2.5 Hr drive to Big River. Upon Arriving I hurried in order to make an hour long drive to the small Lake where I wanted to Camp and fish for the night and next Day. I had about an hour before it would be Dark and as much as I wanted to fish, I decided to get comfortable for the Night. A couple of weeks ago I started a thread on Ideas for a truck rack and since I didnt get any I came up with this simple Boat rack. Gives me just enough room under the boat for my motor and camping gear. Rods in the truck though.

boatandtruck2.jpg

Basically a couple of up rights to clear the tail gate and a roller for the Boat. At this time I can unload and load easy enough for my self. But that dangg motor is freaking heavy.

justtruck1.jpg

It took me 3 minutes to set up my $9.99 tent from crappy tire. A blue Tarp will go over it and spiked with 8" nails. Quick and easy and waterproofed.

tent.jpg

Got to love when you can drive to the Campsite. I was alone for the night although I met a father and his kid on ATVs hunting grail using the trail as their access of advance. The next day two boats would be on the water making it seem crowded. I brought my own wood, bucket for garbage and a throne. Mp3 player, rye, small speaker and chair.

campsite.jpg

I read where you can make an omelette by putting two eggs and ingredients in a Zip lock Bag and put the bag in Boiling water for 13 minutes. It worked great. This was all prepped at home. No messy egg shells or frying pan. Coffee water before boiling the bag of course.

P9200033.jpg

As usual the scenery was spectacular. Although we had a nice day there was a bite to the wind. Winter is on its way and the leaves are colorful and falling.

omleteandstove.jpg

I would use the car-top and my 9.9. The lake looked beautiful and I was anxious to start fishing.

boatandlake.jpg

My gear would be my baitcaster for trolling, Mitchell for casting and my Light Daiwa and Eagle claw for still fishing. I would not get a bite trolling but got a few hits anchored and using bait right on the bottom

threereels.jpg

I would be rewarded with a few Pickerel in which a would keep three for supper. Of a sad note, once I went back to the trailer, I let my dog out for business and she never showed up. After looking all day and the next day Im almost convinced that she found somewhere to sleep for ever or some one had picked her up which I doubt, as she could barely walk.

picandfish.jpg