Finally Found Some Fish

Mike the Pike

With a change in the weather forcast I got a call from good friend GlennK to fish on the Richelieu River in Sabrevois Quebec in his New boat.

We launched at our Lund Dealer and put in about 4.5 hours.

We stayed close to the Marina until a good portion of the fog burnt off we found some fish very close to the boats.

The fog lifted and we proceeded to Glenn's favorite spots and some of mine.

The hot lures today were red and white Mepps#5 and green chartreuse spinner baits.

After a long dry spell it felt good to catch some decent fish.In all Glenn caught 8 pike and one Large mouth Bass.

I squeeked by with a smallie and a decent Large Mouth.I am finally getting the hang of using my baitcaster reel.

Thanks to the great advice on this board

What a great morning looking forward to fishing with GlennK and our sons next weekend on Lake Champlain,Swanton Vermont.

Here are some pics.

IMG_2314_1.jpg

IMG_2315_1.jpg

IMG_2316_1.jpg

IMG_2318_1.jpg

IMG_2321_1.jpg

Ya I know I was due for a report :Gonefishing::canadian: MTP

Great pics and report Mike!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Some good lookin' fish too! :clapping:

... you may want to consider trading boats with Glenn... since you can't catch any fish out of yours!!! :w00t:

I sure am glad you live in Canada where the fish are so plentiful.... or you'd never catch anything! ;)

Actually the thought of trading boats did cross my mind but Junior out fishes me all the time in my boat

so its lucky for him well me :dunno:

Actually yesterday GlennK caught 9 fish to my 2 now I have been stuborn enough not to believe flouro carbon leaders make a difference

but now I will give it a try on the next trip because well Glenn is out fishing me.So I give in.

:stretcher: