replacement tiller seat pedestal....need help

bigcreekdad

Trying to install one on my Magnum 165. I've tried both heavy wood screws and sheet metal. Cannot get them into the floor, even with use of a drill and me darn near sitting on it for pressure. What the heck am I doing wrong here?

just relax :whistling::lol: and if you want to use this seat do not ( DO NOT) seat on the drill B):lol:

Are you trying to drive them thru carpet?... if so, look at the tip of your screw after trying to drive it. Chances are you have carpet fibers wound around the screw tip, if so, grab another screw and try driving it in the same hole. Drilling a pilot hole with a drill bit first will help, but carpet fibers will wind around it as well and you'll need to remove them too.

Now for the bad news, you're doing it wrong. Just plain screws won't hold your pedestal for long before they strip out thru the wood and your :asshat: is swimmin when you go to sit down in it one day... aint that right Beans and Hometownhandyman? You need to remove your floor and use 1/4-20 tee nuts

teeNutF.jpg

on the underside of your decking with 1/4-20 oval head machine screws to fasten your pedestal to the topside of the decking and thru the tee nut on the underside.

You may want to look at this thread:

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...mp;hl=bean+soup

Hope this helps

Edited by GCD

Now for the bad news, you're doing it wrong. Just plain screws won't hold your pedestal for long before they strip out thru the wood and your :asshat: is swimmin when you go to sit down in it one day... aint that right Beans and Hometownhandyman?

Hope this helps

Wise guy eh Dawg ???

Everybody wants to be a comedian...there are no straight men anymore...

Hey Meely...What is uncle Vinney (the chin's ) number or Guido's...

Wise guy eh Dawg ???

Everybody wants to be a comedian...there are no straight men anymore...

Hey Meely...What is uncle Vinney (the chin's ) number or Guido's...

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Glad you didn't try to deny anythin' Beans, just tryin' to keep Bigcreek from feeling your pain!

Tell Vinney and Guido to stay put, lest they be sleepin' with the Blues (catfish)!

I have a 3 legged Border Collie here that goes straight for jugular (via the nadz)!!!

Hopefully there is something other then plywood under there. It won't last long if it gets wet... You'll need a piece of alum plate or something to tap into.

If there is only wood, make sure to add some silicon to the screws when you put them in.. This helps with keeping the moisture out.

Edited by BillM