Nice bass at the berg

pokerdemon4

Decided to try our luck at Mountsberg today. We caught a ton of pike and this beautiful largie. He engulfed my buzzbait. Didnt even have to set the hook. Not sure how big. Im guessing about 4 lbs maybe more. Its hard to believe that this little body of water has so many fish in it. Its always a good day there. Enjoy.

mountsberg.jpg

There are still lots of weeds but not as bad as earleier in the year. The water is really high still. The bass have lots of hiding places due to the high water. They seem to be hanging tight to the shoreline in the slop because of the higher water levels. In previous years weve caught bass all over the lake. This year it seems they are tucked away. Just gotta find em. Pike are everywhere though.

• 2 weeks later...
Decided to try our luck at Mountsberg today. We caught a ton of pike and this beautiful largie. He engulfed my buzzbait. Didnt even have to set the hook. Not sure how big. Im guessing about 4 lbs maybe more. Its hard to believe that this little body of water has so many fish in it. Its always a good day there. Enjoy.

Nice one! I live in Carlisle and only discovered the Berg in the last month... been up there tonds of times in the canoe... catching tons of pike, perch, sunfish and one crappie.... can't seem to grab those largies! any suggestion ou there?