Computer Question....

Meely

Hello Gang,

Wonderin' if anyone can offer me some computer assisstance.

Im not the most computer savvy fella so any lamen's help would be appreciated.

Heres the question:

I received my computer from a family member. Now every time I send an e-mail it has her name as the sender. How can I change it over to my name?

Thanks again,

Meely

I would just reformat the entire harddrive and make the computer my own. If you don't there will always be something from that family member on there that you may not want. Then you can open your own email account.

It's better to start fresh IMO.

True, but Meely said

Im not the most computer savvy fella so any lamen's help would be appreciated.

So for Meely the best bet is to edit the name associated with the account or setup a brand new account.

You will need to open Microsoft Outlook and change the email address it is associated with. I do not use Outlook, so I cannot provide the exact steps. As said above, look on the tool bar at the top for a menu called "Tools", and procede from there.

You obviously have an e-mail account with your local service provider, use that username and password, and, or e-mail program they supplied you with.

You should be able to use it on any computer anywhere.

When I was down in Orillia for 2 weeks, I just logged into my local ISP's to read my personal e-mail, gmail for another account, and 2 from my workplace.

Just need to know the webpages.

If you are using XP, I would create a new profile all together. If you need assistance with it, I and I'm sure several others here can do so. But it sounds like you are still using the previous owners profile, so many things are attached to that profile. ie. name....settings....