Fenelon Falls Report

e-z-out

Had Monday off and hit Fenelon Falls with another OFNer.

Got to the first spot not even 3 seconds in the water and i had my first smallie.

We spent about an hour there and with in that hour we had landed over 13 smallies.

Best out of them was this smallie

Picture339.jpg

Later on the wind picked up so we moved out of the wind and found a nice cove.

Joshua was running white grubs all day and myself 4" senko's all day.

With in an hour of hitting the cove i landed this little guy on 4LBS mono

Picture340.jpg

Over all was a great day we did have 2 doubles and landed over 29 smallies a few lg bass

Nothing to brag about they were small in the 1LBS range but gave a great fight.

Thanks again Joshua for the day of fishing.

I have to say Fenelon Falls hold some great :Gonefishing: and some beautiful landscape

It was fun fishing with you Jose, You really knew how to use those Senkos, and those fish were coming out of those Hydrela plants by your presentation, it was educational for me as I have never tried that technique before. Our couple of double headers were also funny after not catching for a short while.

Too bad it was too windy at 30 km wind, When will forecast even be close? We were not able to catch those Big ones this time, we will do better next time. We got the quantity, but it should also have been more quality as I do well here in the past. The last time I was there, we hardly caught anthing under a lb.

I was surprise at the amount of Small smallies we landed yesterday, the water was only 72 degrees to begin with, and got to 76 at 6:00pm. What happen to all the largies? How come the smallies are being caught close to shore than Largies? The largies just went hiding.

Cool weather and cold front just came in on tuesday. More tougher fishing on weekdays for other angler.

When are we going to have more predictable weather pattern? The weather is dropping to only one digit figure tonight, the temp difference is more than 10 to 12 degrees change from evening to morning for the next few days. Weather like this will drive fish crazy .

Gotta do some river fishing soon.

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report. I know exactly where your fishing and it usually is more of a largie spot than a smallie. I think it may have to do with the lack of weed growth this year and the low water temperatures. I bet the regular weed line that is there was not as defined as previous years.

I'm surprised you didn't get bite off by any musky's. They usually hang around with the schools of small smallies there.

Sucks about the wind. I think I have only fished one day without strong winds this season. Anyways, thanks for sharing.