Hunting question!!!!

Rustic-Fisher

Hey guys, went out to one of my favorite brookie lakes on the edge of Algonquin today with the intention to camp at a nice spot we have been going to for years(fire pit, benches, good ground the works) You drive about 15km down a 4x4 road and than walk about 500' and your at the lake/pond.

With the wife and dogs still in the truck I tell her Im headed down just to make sure the sites unoccupied. I cover the 500' in no time with the blinders on! just thinking about the brookies Iam about to catch and ignoring the Bears sitting on someone's bait pile less than 200' from the site!!!!!!!! Its the first time we have seen this here.

What is bear baiting etiquette? a warning would be nice, and what gives with the site so close to the camp sites that are used often?

The only tip off I got was the freight trains taken off through the bush holy "HEART ATTACK".

Needless to say wifey was not spending the night even with 200lbs of dogs and the 12 Gauge(not the first bear issue). S o with the wife spooked here I sit back at home :wallbash: :wallbash:

As an avid upland game and deer hunter the bear thing is new.

Rf :Gonefishing:

Baiting is common and legal for bears (at least I know it is before season, not sure about during season), and the season is just about to open I believe and may actually be open where you are i'm not sure. I've never hunted bear but i'm pretty sure this is common practice and completely legal, but don't quote me on it. Mind you I don't know about the legality if its crown land. Still private or public the hunter should have considered the campers in the area.

Edited by evster

Well spoke to MNR and whom ever set the bait is well with in their rights. This is what I expected.

MNR said it is likely an outfitter with several baits in the area (comforting, LOL..) so I will purchase my bear tag and see what happens.

Super brookie fishing in the area so I will be frequenting it till sept 30.

keep ya posted.

Thanks for the reply's .

RF :thumbsup_anim: