Sunday - Fishing without Rain!

Garry2Rs

One of the lakes that I guide has Pike. I went there today with my neighbor and his daughter to try out my new G.Loomis rod and to check out some locations for Pike and Bass.

We started at the boat ramp and worked south along the east shore checking small bays for medium size Pike. The big Pike have gone deep along with the Lake Trout, so without steel line etc. small Pike are what are available. We found this one a few meters off shore in 7-8 FOW over some sunken logs. It hit a Spro Rattle-Trap type bait in Old Glory colour pattern.

Natalie003.jpg

We moved to the west shore and checked around islands and in the back of bays looking for Bass.

The shallows were empty, but we found SMBass and a ton of Rock Bass over the rocks.

It was a couple of hours before our first LMBass near a dock around a small patch of lily-pads.

Natalie004.jpg

This one took a wacky rigged 4" Green Pumpkin, Senko type worm.

At the south end of the Lake is a weedy bay. This is where we ended the day with several more LMBass.

The best fish of the day was this 3.5 pound SMBass.

Natalie008.jpg

He came out from under a dock and ate another Green Pumpkin Senko imitation.

All fish were released to fight again.

Garry2rs

The rod is fine. I'm more than happy with my purchase.

Today's client, that I hurried home for, called late last night to rebook for mid-week because of thunder storms in Sundays forecast. Those are the rains that never came...hahaha.

The truth is I'm not jigging because I think it's boring...and I prefer to cast.

Garry