Help Quicki Uif You Can

HookNrelease

:thumbsup_anim: Looking for some quick help boyzzzzzzz, during the summer my daughter caught a nice fish and we kept it to get a replica made and someone had posted about a place in Brampton I thing, it wasnt advanced :) and the number, if i remember right it was a house, does anyone know were im talking about or a link to search the old posts from aug/sep time? want to take the fish there today if we can.

cheeers and thanks for any help

Ian

If you kept it...why get a replica. Get the real thing...

The real fish will leak natural oils eventually Wayne.

I think the skin will also lose some of it's shine.

Replicas last much longer for about the same cost.

Irish, yes i kept the fish cause (one) it was weighed in for the derby 33lbs and (two) i didnt know what to do about a mount. The guy told me yesterday that a salmon skin mount will last approx 5 years and then start to deteriorate, at what rate depends on the location its in, could last 20 years, a replica all he needs is the length and girth and will last a life time fo a $1.00 an inch more !!!!

This fish was caught by my daughter so id like for her to have it a long time, as for advanced, yes they do have a nice website and you cant doubt there work, however, they will not give you a price or even a ball park till your there and then they set the hook,,,hahahahah,, JJ if im correct used to work at advanced and then started his own line so hopefully all should be ok, and he did come recomended by a few board members also.

Will let you know how it turns out .

Again thnx for the assistance guys

Cheers

ian

Guess it all depends how good the taxidermist is I guess and how patient he is waiting for it to dry out before painting. I had mine done by a young lad that was just starting out back in 1983 in Milton. For a $100, I think it was, he did my Chinook that I caught under the Bronte Creek Bridge in Oakville. Not the greatest job...but it looks exactly the same 23 years later (other than some broken fin tips)!

brontechinook2.jpg

Guest mistyriver1

It was me that posted JJ's number.

John does very good work, you'll be pleased.

Guess it all depends how good the taxidermist is

I agree with you Wayne, the first fish I ever had mounted in 1983 has faded but she still looks good. :)