Lake Eugenia, holiday monday kayaking

jediangler

1dropbass.jpg

It was hot and windless on lake Eugenia between 10am and 2pm today. Tried dropshotting for the first time after reading about it on the board. Caught this 14"er on a power jerk shad on a 4/0 hook 16" above a 1/4oz weedless jig & grub on a baitcasting set up. I don't like this style of fishing out of a kayak. I'm sure it's great from the nose of a bass boat. Picked up a couple little smallmouth as well as a rockbass and some dink perch on a 1/8oz jig & grub on the spinning rod before heading back to the car. The boat launch was a zoo at 2pm. Half a dozen waiting to put in and another half dozen waiting to come out. Only one little ramp for everybody. I just pulled up between sandcastles on the beach and dragged the yak to my car.

I don't like this style of fishing out of a kayak. I'm sure it's great from the nose of a bass boat

Well then,you know what you need to buy then.LOL

The ramp is nuts there,thats for sure.

Thanks for sharing yer day.

Nice bucket.

No batttle from that guy Leechman, maybe if I was using the ultra-lite. With the baitcaster I just winched it in. The little smallies gave a better fight on the spinning rod. I'd take a 16" smallie over a 20" largie for the fight.

OK so you were using a baitcaster for that bucket mouth.... Cool B)

And I too would choose a smallie over a largie anytime.... they do put up a good fight.

LM