Trip To Kasshabog

Black_Blade

My buddy Bill and I headed up to Kasshabog Lake last weekend for a few days of fishing. When we finally got to the lake, it was almost dark and after two trips to get our gear up to the campsite and getting everything organized we got to sleep so could be up nice and early Sat morning.

Grabbing a quick breakfast of instant oatmeat, we located close to where some mid lake rock which was in about 6 FOW and dropped off down to about 18 FOW....scored a lot of dink smallies until I got this 4.25 pound fella, dead sticking a texas rigged stickbait.

4.25_lb_largie_Kasshabog__Small_.JPG

The cold front that had moved in didn't help out the fishing all that much, but we had all kinds of dink smallies providing entertainment on and off throughout. We managed several in the 2 pound range tho, here are two that managed to make it on camera:

Lake_Kashabog_2008_026__Small_.jpg

Lake_Kashabog_2008_025__Small_.jpg

Monday morning, before we packed up and headed back home, we hit the water for one last shot and with only minutes left before we packed her in, Bill comes through with the biggest of the trip, a 4.75 pounder on a black Power Slug:

Lake_Kashabog_2008_029__Small_.jpg

Despite the cold front and wet weather, I could see tons of spots and great structure that we never had time to explore. Defintiely plan on heading back for another go around. We camped in an out of the way spot that was removed from the busy area where the sea-doos and big boats zipped around, so it was great to be able to concentrate on fishing without the huge waves rocking you every 5 minutes :wallbash:

Thanks for looking!