Carp Pics

dsn

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

AS you can see there are some big fish in there !

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic9.jpg

pic10.jpg

pic11.jpg

pic12.jpg

pic13.jpg

pic14.jpg

pic15.jpg

pic16.jpg

pic17.jpg

These shots turned out pretty good so I'll be adding them to my files.

:thumbsup_anim:

DSN

Enjoy your day!! Cause it might rain the next. :unsure:

So would a group of about 30 or 40 carp milling about on the surface in 4-5' of water be spawning. Please say no because when we were kids we thought that was very cool to wade in amongst them and let them splash and writhe all around our chests and chins. We'd ease up close to the school in a boat and then slip overboard and join the party. Kinda sours the memory if in fact we were wallowing in fishy fornication. :blink:

JF

Very neat shots dsn. I hope that they're done soon ... it's been a while already and I need a carp fix BAD.

JohnF :blink:<_< ... I didn't know you're into that stuff. LOL

I didn't either. I was about 12 or 13 at the time. It seemed like a fun thing. Who knew about the procreative process, and how messy it got. I'm thinking seriously about going for another shower right now.

We also used to catch little snakes and hide them under our shirts so the warmth would keep them calm. We needed them for snake bombs to get even with the boaters who messed with us. I suppose next someone's gonna tell me the little beggars were fornicating in my shirt.

JF

Carp spawn when the water temps reach the high 60's. I've caught 'em, spilling roe all over the boardwalk at the ol' Lakeview plant in early August, about 5 years ago when we had another wet, cool summer! In the shallower lakes & tribs, the water will get up to temp as early as late May, but in Lake Ontario, only the small bays and creek & rivermouths will be much more that the mid-60's even at this late date.

They start spawning my local Lake Erie tribs in late April/Early May most years, full fledged spawn by early June and I've never seen them still spawning past July. Just weird for me but I guess Lake O is a much cooler lake.