SLEEPING GIANT, IN THUNDER BAY-ever been there

sully

Howdy all

Against my better judgment I might be camping up in in T.Bay @ Sleeping Giant prov.park.

Has anybody ever been there, and maybe have any fishing advice.

We'll likely be renting a small tin tiller while we're there.

or maybe casting from shore, unsure until we get there....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Sully

It's not known as a fishing hot spot, but it's natural beauty is breathtaking. Be sure to visit the Thunder Bay lookout, Silver Islet and the Sea Lion while you're there. Don't forget your camera!!

The Sea Lion

Sealion10.jpg

Guest Johnny Bass
It's not known as a fishing hot spot, but it's natural beauty is breathtaking. Be sure to visit the Thunder Bay lookout, Silver Islet and the Sea Lion while you're there. Don't forget your camera!!

The Sea Lion

Sealion10.jpg

WOW! Crystal clear water. No wonder the fishing is not that great!

The Sea Lion

Sealion10.jpg

OH MAN!!! That's the perfect water for the 1/8th oz. Whitecoachdog and 4lb. Fluorocarbon line!!!

don't forget to bring an ultralite set up...if you are driving out that way there is a bazzilion little places you can hit for brookies at the side of the road...all the way past the Soo...then there are a few places up Wawa way and toward Marathon where there are actually some little ponds and stuff at the side of the hwy that even have signs from the MNR that it's a brook trout or splake stocked area basically for "put and take" fishin.

My daughter just got back a week ago from an almost 3 week camping adventure with her freind and thier Gramma and had a pretty good time.

Edited by jwl

Most people go there for the scenery, swimming, chilling out, and nature trails. I haven't done any of the trails, but have heard a couple of them are fairly gruelling and will take you the entire day to complete.

The lookout is spectacular.

Lots of deer in the park and on the road in early mornings.

Lake Marie Louise does have walleye, not sure if they have boat rentals though. Couple of the small creeks, Sibley and Joe, have specks in them.

The Sea Lion

Sealion10.jpg

Amazing beauty Dan. We "Southerners" tend to forget what an incredibly scenic country we live in!

Wonderful hiking trails - from easy day hikes to overnighters around the whole peninsula and also grueling climbs up the chimney (up a chute to the top of the spine). Not much for fishing I'm afraid (or at least not that I ever saw or heard of), also a small tin rental might be outclassed in the waters there, be careful and keep an eye on the weather.