How many rods do you have?

How many do you use for all types of fishing?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Amount of rods

• 1-3
    • 4-7
    • 8-11
    • 12-20
    • 20 and above

I mean REALLY, who needs 4 float rods!

9'6"

10'6"

11'6"

12'6"

13'6"

oh boy.

Umm that is five not four but who is counting. I have

8 ft

9.5 ft

11.5 ft

11.5 ft

11.5 ft

Now I will admit the last two were supposed to be 10.5 ft but when I got the first one did I stop oh no I ordered the second one knowing it would probably be another 11.5 ft and it was but I kept it. Then again I got them both for 180 Canadian when they normally go for over 300.00 U.S. each. The guy who got both of them even offered me 50 more than I paid for the last one but I am hanging on to it just in case anyhow LOL.

I guessed I was in the 8-11 range until I read Gary V's reply....probably closer to 20 if I count icefishing rods including my pocket fisherman...

Edited by Beans

Wow, good question :canadian: I have no idea :clapping:

Let me see here..

Bass - 7 Rod and reel combos ready to go

Walleye - 3 Rod and reel combos ready to go

Small stream trout - 2 Rod and reel combos....One is without line

Bigger trout - 1 Rod and reel combo ready to go

Ice Fishing - 11 Rod and reels combos :whistling::wallbash: Line stripped off of all of them...Scrapped all the garbage ice rods at the beginning of last season.

Misc - Most likely around 4-5 other combos, that have not been used in years. The low quality stuff...I don't I will ever get rid of them...better yet, who would even want them :blahblah1:

Next will be a multi-use rod and reel combo for walleyes and salmon...Something with a linecounter...Any suggestions for a good trolling rod?

8 active rods/reels.

Got a bunch of fibreglass that are old/retired along with a bunch of old Mitchell reels.

You just can't kill a Mitchell reel :rolleyes:

Some old steel/trout stuff and ice fishing set ups.

Still remember my first Mitchell reel brand new in the box OMG almost 30 years ago :stretcher:

My prized Eagle Claw rod is Officially retired and in a safe place on display.

As far as tackle goes the current "box" for the boat has 54 crankbaits. Just counted :rolleyes:

Tons more stuff old and not used.

I am sure some other members here have a good "antique" collection.

Tangled Lines got me a nice display case couple years ago for a few items.

Don't ask me about soft plastics :whistling:

Edited by JeffBornFishin

Originally...I wasnt going to respond to this...

"Its a Bling Thing' it seemed..

As I read on about those who posted I found I wasnt that bad off.....at all.

(as far as spending goes)

Then there was the wife factor...I had tofd her about this thread and she was then very ineterested about just how many I actually had so here goes....(she cant see inside the rod compartments on the boat)

Musky..............................w/reels....4......for most aplications

Bass................................w/reels....4...... " "

Walleye............................w/reels....8.........." "

Trout creek/river...............w/reels....4....dont use them much 'cept off the lock bridge in January now..

Panfish/Crappie................w/reels.....6.....early spring crappie and perchin when the mood hits.

Downriggers.....................w/reels....4.......MustHave a backup

Planer Boards...................w/reels....4......MustHave a Backup

Anitques...........................w/reels....3.......Well.......they are here

Guests/Kids/Brothers etc...w/reels....5......who knows why...they are my older ones

IceFishing w/reels...........................14

GRAND TOTAL.................................56

I had no idea.........

Seriously.....................

my musky/bass/walleye/Downrigger/PlanerBoard are all 110% must haves and are in use.

The ice fishing gear.......well, none of my old friends fish and they come to the BOQ each winter since Ive been here and I outfit themm all........its a great day/weekend.

The kids/extra guests stuff I suppose I could do without or have a yard sale....I dunno.

Who of you, have a abu Hell Bender Noodle rod and still use it?

I bought mine about 20 years ago,along with a Cardinal 3 and they have never been seperated since day one,and it is still alive and well. I have replaced many a bail springs ,but it just keeps catching and catching those river chinnys and browns and bows.

Well over a 100. I started building my own rods almost 40 years ago, when building your own was unheard of. Started building 81/2ft walleye rods for live bait (got parts from Herter's - now out of business). Moved on to custom building crappie rods of various sizes. Worm rods for largemouth bass. Jig rods (81/2 fast action). Float rods ( I have 11 of those). Fly rods from 4 ft to 11 ft, fro 2 wt to 9 wt. Finally I have about 20 baitcasters. Throw in a dozen pack rods for fly and spinning. I also have enough componebts to build about a dozen more rods. I have broken just one rod in 49 years of fishing (broke it horsing in a large musky once). I enjoy using the correct(?) rod/reel for a given situation. I even built a 4ft 3 wt fly rod so I could fly fish while standing in a huge culvert under a highway for specks - still one of my secret spots. Throw in fly tying and lure making and you get the picture. Custon built rods for the kids (little hands) with micro fly reel seats and 7ft 5 wt fly rod blanks. Use Zebco micro underspins and the kids have had a great time with these. When my daughter was 6 she caught and landed an 8lb steelhead from the Rouge on this outfit. My son caught a 6lb 3 oz smallmouth bass on his similar outfit when he was 5.

I need another rod, think I'll build a rock bass rod.

muddler

Oh Boy!! you guys have some gear...but i agree, if we keep the lure talk to silence, we will all be happy about that!

2 Downrigger

1 Dipsy

3 Fly Rods

4 Steelhead (2- 11'6, 1 - 10'6, 1 - 9'6)

8'6, 7, and 6'6 medium heavy rods bait casters for bottom bouncing, cranks and pitching

1 7' medium heavy spinning for spinner rigs for walleye

3 medium action spinning rods for jigs and misc use.

I am looking for an ultra light and another medium heavy and medium spinning rods at the moment too.

Total 17

Not inluding ice fishing gear as well. Lets bring that up when the water turns hard!

So I'm going to buck the curve here - I've got 1 rod & reel. SWMBO also has one. We both have the same setup as well - 7' medium action ugly stick with whatever reel CT had on sale that day...

I could up my count to 2, if we can loosen the definition of "rod". I have my kayak setup, which consists of 20lb line wrapped around a piece of wood I cut to look like a giant kite handle.

Ironically, I've caught far more fish - and far larger fish - using the kite-handle thing...

Bryan

Edited by Warthaug

I will not count just stay safe with over 20 the wife is all good wit hthe rods we have I think she gets a little worked up when we go musky hunting and also bait fish fishing (pickerl perch bass) in the same trip out she knows that the boat is going to be loaded down with troling musky rods casting musky rods and all the other little rods and bait casters. I must say that for all the extra rods that head out on them trips I do keep them up front with me so that the family does not have to trip over them. As for my favorite rod for bait caster it would still have to be.

IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3017-1.jpg