Berkly Gulp Alive

I got a tub of the gulp alive leeches over the winter and i can not get this container to stop leaking. If the container gats a little bit of a "swish around" in my tackle box there is a ring of that smelly juice on the bottom of the box. So what i did was take out spoon full's of it and put it with my berkly gulp packs.(asked berkly and said it was good to do) AS before still a leak. :wallbash:

Has anyone else had this leaking problem?If so how did you get it to stop if you could?

Thanks Mike.

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

I had the same problem over a year ago. Apparently Berkley already knows about it but has decided not to do anything about it yet. :dunno: Best thing to do is transfer all the contents to a watertight container (can get on from the dollar store/dollarama).

Then give berkley another call and complain about the container, hopefully at one point they'll start listening. :angry:

I was going to use another container but came up with a faster solution. I just put the whole berkley container into a freezer ziplock that I seal up.... Bit of a pain having to make sure it is sealed but until I can find a small air tight one that will fight into my new smaller cooler bag it works so far. One other tip when the first ziplock gets too messed up do your whole family a favour and throw in the trash bin outside don't just leave in one in the house. That scent they use can get pretty ripe after a couple of hours in the open air.

I will have to write berkley a couple of customer complaint letters too!!!!

I have to same problem and because it's almost time to buy another one, I just keep the bucket in a large ziplock bag. I will definitely use the left over juice and put it into my other Gulp packs and use another container for my next purchase, very good idea.

Thanks guys for the tips.

Leechman

This is the e-mail I got from Berkly.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your recent experience using one of our products. We always appreciate hearing from avid fishermen concerning the quality and performance of our products.

We have a long-standing reputation for producing the finest in fishing tackle. From the information you have provided, it would seem the product you were using was not up to the high standards that Pure Fishing anglers have come to expect. For this we sincerely apologize. Please send the defective product to:

PURE FISHING

ATTN: CUSTOMER SERVICE

1900 - 18TH STREET

SPIRIT LAKE IA 51360

Make sure you put your return physical address inside with the product. Once we receive the product we will send out the replacement.

We trust this new product will deliver the performance that has made Abu Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Mitchell, Johnson, Stren, Sevenstrand and Spiderwire the best in the fishing tackle industry.

Thanks again for contacting us and voicing your concerns. We appreciate your interest and willingness to share your thoughts and opinions.

The best in fishing to you,

Nissa Lundquist

Customer Service Representative