4 Rods to Rig for some serious bass fishing

Dutch

Just wanted to get some opinions for all-round bass fishing in a variety of situations, max depth 15':

Rod #1 - baitcaster, 50 pound PP, 7' Medium Heavy

Rod #2 - baitcaster, 50 pound PP, 5.5' Heavy

Rod #3 - spinning, 20 pound PP, 7' Medium

Rod #4 - spinning , 20 pound PP, 6.5' Medium

Let the discussion begin.....

Rod #1 - baitcaster, 50 pound PP, 7' Medium Heavy=Spinner bait

Rod #2 - baitcaster, 50 pound PP, 5.5' Heavy= flip,n/worm

Rod #3 - spinning, 20 pound PP, 7' Medium= Tube/drop shot

Rod #4 - spinning , 20 pound PP, 6.5' Medium=Jerk bait

One question? WHY THE PP?

There are places here I would use floro/mono combo.

Rod #2 - baitcaster, 50 pound PP, 5.5' Heavy

5.5' ? What happened to the other half? lol

Okay I'll stop being a knob.

Rod #1 - baitcaster, 50 pound Stealth, 6'6 Medium Heavy

Rod #2 - baitcaster, 14 pound mono, 6'6 Medium

Rod #3 - baitcaster, 65 pound Stealth, 8'6 Heavy (flippin stick)

Rod #4 - spinning , 8 pound mono, 6'6 Medium

Hey guys looking for terminal tackle rec's.

Spinner bait - what rod

Senko -

Jig etc.

If you had only 4 biats to use, what rod would you put it on and why?

All fishing is serious isn't it? LOL.

Rod #1 - baitcaster, 50 pound Stealth, 6'6 Medium Heavy - Spinnerbait

Rod #2 - baitcaster, 14 pound mono, 6'6 Medium - Senko

Rod #3 - baitcaster, 65 pound Stealth, 8'6 Heavy (flippin stick) - Jig/Pig or Texas Rig Plastic Worm

Rod #4 - spinning , 8 pound mono, 6'6 Medium - Topwater Bait or crankbait (tube if I'm fishing smallies)

Reason for putting the senko on the mono is I usually bust them out in clear water and I feel more confident in catch clear water bass on mono than I do with the more visible braided lines.

With line that heavy you must be in a tournament or something

Theres that

"NARROW MIND"

I am so laughing right now.

What gave you that idea C.?

You would be surprised how many guys fish with floro/mono. Lots of guys use braid,then tie in floro as their leads.

I for one tried it,but not much into reties,so I go straight.

For the bass like in your avatar that's fine C2F,

However I'd bet my paycheck if you hooked a slop bass 75 ft back your 6lb test would award you a lure donation to the lady of the lakes.

#1 - 7.5 Flippin Stik Heavy (but slow action), 50lb braid for frogs (subs for punching through heavy mats)

#2 7' H Action (BPS Bionic Blade) 25 lb XT Flippin Tubes, Jig n pigs worms

#3 6'8" MH Spinning 15lb braid, Senkos, slugos, xraps

#4 7' MH 20lb Braid, worms, tubes in lighter cover, spinner baits topwater

Now mind you if it was my boat or a tournament I usually have 9 rods rigged ready to go. Like to have a light and heavy Jig n Pig and same for worm rods. One with 1/4 or 3/8 weight and then always have to ahve a 1 oz weight rigged for thick mats

Rod #1 - baitcaster, 50 pound PP, 7' Medium Heavy=Spinner bait, larger deeper cranks with floro leaders as well as Topwater

Rod #2 - baitcaster, 50 pound PP, 5.5' Heavy= flip,n/worm/close quaters even froggin in close cover

Rod #3 - spinning, 20 pound PP, 7' Medium= Tube/drop shot. senko (wacky riggin) I would go with a floro leader there

Rod #4 - spinning , 20 pound PP, 6.5' Medium=Jerk bait/shaky heads, finesse wormin, mono with floro leaders as well

With line that heavy you must be in a tournament or something. I NEVER use more than 6lb test which is HI-VIS green got to give the fish a chance...

When I started I assumed that it was more sporting to use very low test line and puny rods. The more I fish, and talk to other fishermen, the more I realize the fallacy in that thinking. I can cast 35# braid at least as well as 4# mono, get almost as much length on the same reel, drag lures (and fish) through much thicker weeds, and get the fish I catch in quicker so they can put back into the water sooner and with a lot less stress on them. There's no arguing that there's a high degree of skill involved in using light line well, but I just don't see now where the advantage is in it for the fish, only bragging rights for me.

JF

For the bass like in your avatar that's fine C2F,

However I'd bet my paycheck if you hooked a slop bass 75 ft back your 6lb test would award you a lure donation to the lady of the lakes.

LOL you are probably right but then I make it a point to avoid fishing slop for bass.... no need to play in the weeds where I live. Then again I only got 8 today in 2 hours so what do I know.

I just can't imagine needing anything heavier than 12lb mono though even in heavy slop don't let the fish rule you I say you rule the fish LOL.

BTW I landed what everyone said had to be a 30lb carp on my trusty 6lb test the other day LOL I was praying for the dang line to break but it wouldn't.

I never pair down to less than five rods, but here is what I use in that situation:

Rod #1 - baitcaster, 20 pound flouro, 6'6" Medium Heavy - spinner baits, frogs

Rod #2 - baitcaster, 20 pound flouro, 6'6" Medium Heavy - bass jigs, worms, flipping tubes, sluggos

Rod #3 - baitcaster, 12 lb mono, 6'6" Medium - large topwaters, crankbaits

Rod #4 - spinning, 10 pound fireline with 10 lb flouro leader, 6'6" Medium - Tube jigs, finesse worms, light (1/8 - 1/4 oz) Carolina rig

Rod #5 - spinning, 10 pound fireline with 10 lb mono or flouro leader, 6'6" Medium - jerk baits, smaller topwaters and cranks

I just can't imagine needing anything heavier than 12lb mono though even in heavy slop don't let the fish rule you I say you rule the fish LOL.

BTW I landed what everyone said had to be a 30lb carp on my trusty 6lb test the other day LOL I was praying for the dang line to break but it wouldn't.

I've landed plenty of big fish in open water on light tackle, but a 4 lb bass is going to make a mockery of 12 lb test in slop.

Ok. I carry 11 rods with me 7 baitcasters and 4 spinning.

If I can only carry 4, then,

1 - Baitcaster - 7' Medheavy weightless or weighted senko, fat tube, chuky soft jerkbait, even buzzers and spinnerbaits. 30lb pp

2 - Baitcaster - 7'6" xtra heavy non telescopic(it's lighter) for a spro frog or pig 'n jig 50lb pp

You mentioned 2 spinning. so,

1 - spinning - 7' med fast, small light plastics, crankbaits, spinners 10lb suffix G2

2 - spinning - 7' med, jigs, twistertails, light all around tackle, 12lb suffix G2

Personally change a spinning outfit to another baitcaster 50lb pp for spinnerbaits with a 7' med-heavy.

Hope this helps

Daniel

1. 7' M baitcaster 10 lb mono - craw fat free fingerling

2. 7' MH spinning 20 lb super line - pumpkin 4" tube

3. 6'6" ML spinning 20 lb super line - watermelon 7" wacky senko

4. 7' MH spinning 10 lb mono - blue/silver vibrax spinner

Nobody ever talks about using spinners for smallies anymore.