A few hours with the g/f on the lake

richyb

So i decied to take my g/f out on the boat fishing for her first time since she got her first fish off the dock a few weeks back. I rigged her up with an old rod and a push button reel I bought for her ( she didnt like using my spinning reel a few weeks back) So off we went, dad, my g/f and I to see what we could get ahold of ... I put on a downsized spinner for her to use and told her to reel like crazy to keep it up out of the weeds ... Next thing I know shes screaming IM STUCK !!! I looked over to see her rod jolting with a fish on the other end so with some words of encouragement she pulled in this nice bass, her first fish from a boat and definitly alot bigger than her tiny perch off the dock...

I landed this pike soon after ..

I managed to get 2 pike , Dad got the big SKUNK and samantha was the grand champ with 3 yep 3!!!! bass.. man she wont let me live that one down ! :clapping:

Great report! Now that she has the fishing bug, I think you'll be hitting the water more often now!! Good on ya for easing her into the sport...hehe. I'd say she's a keeper. :thumbsup_anim:

Tell her congrats for her first boat fish...and a nice one at that.