Livewell Issue

Marty

I have an older boat with a manual and auto switch for my livewell. It has worked great until I stupidly pulled the wires off of the two way switch and the "MIN" "MAX" dial. The two way switch is supposed to jump over to the dial and I just can't get the right combination. I have tried the best I could to get the wiring right between the switch and the dial but I can't get it to work. Is there anyone out there who could give some help? I appreciate any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Is the dial a mechanical one (I assume it is but want to be sure)

Now, you said a two way switch, does it pump in with the switch in one position and out with the switch in the other position? If not then it is probably quite simple. Power to the switch, output from the switch to the timer, output from the timer to the pump. That way, if either the switch or the timer is in the off position your pump will not work.

Let me know if this sounds like your setup.

without seeing it

I would say power goes to the center of the 2way switch

a wire that goes to the pump on the manual side

a wire that goes to the timer, goes to the auto side

oh like Big Cliff said

Edited by Terry

Marty

I would not be to distressed about it. If you can have a switch that is off/on that would be enough. The reason I say this is ,that a well that pumps fresh water all the time,is better then one that recurculates(spelling sucks I now). Learned this a year or so ago,and it is better for the fish.IMO

Terry, yer a swell guy! :clapping: Really helpful. :clapping: Did they ever find the ATC stolen from you? :(

Anyways, great going bud! Hope you and Brian get going on some bass tourneys with all the know-how going between you great guys re Lake Simcoe you can't miss! :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers! :thumbsup_anim:

Oh, and I got someothat Nofrills Margarita-jug maker stuff and am hard at er! :blink:

Alla best Terry! :)

Great to hear you,well yer pop, got it fixed for ya Marty. What I stated is still a good practice for your well.

I went with the well pumping fresh water all the time doing the tourney thing,and the fish were like they were just caught at the end of the day.

Happy :Gonefishing:

Thanks Terry and Cliff.

Hate to disappoint Roy but the old man fixed it before I had to take pics.

He said he'll take care of your comment the next time you meet.

Wow he must have lucked out then eh? Hey listen, if he's not too busy I have a few onboard charger connection questions for him.

Glad it's fixed, Bud.