What a fantastic week!

Big Cliff

Well, it has been a busy one, got to meet Fisher, his brother-in-law, and his son; really nice people, I really enjoyed talking with them, I hope some of the information I gave you helped produce some fish.

Then we had a fellow in to take down a tree for us, it was a 60' Manitoba maple that had started to get a little dangerous and it was only about 20' from my boathouse and about 30' from my neighbours boat house. We decided it was better to take it down than let the wind do it for us. The bonus for us is that it really improved our view of the lake.

My only regret is that Peter (perodimi) dropped by on Saturday to say hi and I didn't get a chance to spend very much time with him as we were in the middle of cleaning up this big tree. I really do apologize Peter, hope you got into a few fish and I'd really like to hook up with you some time so I can fulfill my promise to get you into some fish on this lake!

Friday evening my niece's 9 year old daughter was down fishing off the dock with her brother, she had caught a small perch and was bringing it in when a muskie nailed it, she managed to fight it by herself and got it right up to the dock however when her brother tried to lift it out of the water it got off. We talked about it after, she was a little disapointed that we hadn't gotten pictures but after we told her about live release she headed right back down to see if she could catch it again. She didn't, but had a ball trying.

Anyway, good weather, some really nice people and something accomplished. Makes it one heck of a good week in my book!

Hey Cliff! Looks like you had a great week! We're hoping to get back up to Sturgeon in the next few weeks to fish, so we'll give you a shout and see if you are in that day. That muskie is a story no one will ever forget...yet another great memory made right from your dock.

We are looking forward to the weekend in August...Sydney is pretty excited to be able to spend the night there!

Sounds like a super weekend :thumbsup_anim:

The weather couldn't have been any better that's for sure.

I can only imagine the thrill, and anguish, of catching and losing that musky. But at least she got to see it and had the fun of fighting it :thumbsup_anim:

Joey