Belle River MCI kids fishing clinic AAA+++

Handlebarz

Well it was that time of year again and I must say what a great day we had the weather man knows what weekends count and gave the best weather to the right group on the right day the KIDS with all the bad weather weekends it was great to see the temps stay nice and the sun out if full force.

Any way on to the report I dont know final numbers yet but last count I heard there was 100 kids and 44 parents (that is only the ones that registered the kids most had both mom and dad with them) so we ended up wit h150-200 people in total it was a blast and a great weather day (incase I forgot to mention it)

I got there around 7:50am and found that alot of the stuff was already set up but there was alot more to do so on to getting things ready.

here is Cody who is our local MUSKY master youth if you need to know just ask him he has alot more big fish then all other members. Cody was nice enough to set up a display of all different fishing stuff from Musky to harnesses and dipsy for rainbow he knows his stuff.

IMG_2852.jpg

The girls getting some kids registered for the day.

IMG_2853.jpg

The prize table where we had enough for everyone it shure is nice to have such a great bunch of sponsors that help us out and the rest is paid for by our membership and monies raised from our Can-Am and other events we do.

IMG_2858.jpg

The local Lake Shore Summer camp this is supposed to be a great camp for kids.

IMG_2857.jpg

Transport Canada comes out and talks about boating safety with all the kids

IMG_2860.jpg

Chris laroch is a local teacher at St Anns high school who runs the fish hatchery program came out to shre what he does at the school

IMG_2870.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

A channel news came out to interview our guests and also our Chairman

IMG_2882.jpg

The MNR once again was here to talk about the importance of taking care of our resources THANK YOU GUYS FOR THIS these kids are our future.

IMG_2884.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg

The OPP were her talking with the kids and passing out alot of good info for the kids and families along with finger printing stuff so you can have a record of your child on hand just in case.

IMG_2883.jpg

This year we even had a T.V. star on hand Wayne Izumi was able to come over and visit us and shure some laughs with everyone he was only here for a hour or so and took time to sign autographs for everyone THANK YOU WAYNE it was very nice to have met him he is a very nice guy.

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

It was nice to have the huge trees in the Belle river park to hide under and get out of the sun and have some food and drinks.

IMG_2905.jpg

If it was to hot for the kiddies then they just head over 30 steps away and hit the splash pad.

IMG_2908.jpg

Last but not least the prize table again where every kids got a prize we had enough for everyone and then some we also had 6 draws for bigger prizes that were donated by local business after we drew the names for there first prize all the names went back in for the big draws for fishing rods computer stuff Charles Weiss Muskies Canada 30th Anniversary shirts and one other thing I can not think of.

IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2919.jpg

IMG_2917.jpg

I would just like to thank all the people that make this event happen each year with out the support from our Loyal members of the Belle River Chapter of Muskies Canada and our local business this event would not be able to have grown into what it is each year.

One other BIG THANK YOU TO BIG AL His wife had to answer the call this morning and get him out of bed after we called to tell him our order we had was to small and change it to some monster of a order with Pizza and wings for everyone Thank you again to everyone big and small it was a blast to have been a part of this again this year.

Oh yeah one more thing it was nice to be able to drive into Belle river and see our club logo on the BIA board it shure is great to see how much this Chapter is making our mark in a good way to the South West part of Ontario.

IMG_2850.jpg

JJ this is just a fun event we put on for the kids that will help them to get to understand the safety of fishing and boating along with learning some fun stuff we had a face painter a clown and another group that does alot of science projects I think they are called mad science all funds are donated through the local people and everything else is covered by our chapter this is all about the kids the derby is during sunsplash we just help out and also donate prizes that comes from our chapter also. We firmly believe that the future is in the kids so we want to get them involved right away and keep it interesting. There is another derby that we wil lbe helping out with but we dont have the info yet as soon as we do it will be posted under the belle River Chapter page on the Muskies Canada site

Mike

Thank you for sharing information on your chapter's outing. Great to see young'uns learning good information from the MNR, OPP and Transport Canada. Teaching them young will go a long way for our future fisheries.

A job well done by Belle River Musky Canada club.

just JOHN

I was always amazed at how much MCI Belle River did for the community.

Teaching kids that fishing is fun at a young age really sets them up for the future..

I'm glad that you had great weather for your day Mike, and that the rest of the community supports you(The OPP, the MNR, Transport Canada, etc, the people who donated prizes)

Thanks for sharing this Mike, it's lets people know your not a bunch of Musky Fishing Zealots lol

thanks all I am just reporting it there was alot of work that goes on rigth from yesterday until next year we have already started planing then next one before I joined the club a few years ago I had no idea how much work goes into these events I always feel bad for not having time to sit back and just talk to people when these functions are going on you have to be on the move and before you know it its over then kiddies are happy and were drained.

I hope everyone can go out and take there kids to a function around your own area these are going on allthe time across Ontario so just get out and have some fun.

If you are in the Belle river area the weekend of July 20th stop in we will be back again helping out with the kids fishing derby it is a very fun time and FREE you just have to make the time for you kids thats it.

Oh yeah I think we will be having a float in the sun splashparade again this year. that is July 19th in Belle river