Orillia shore fishing?

johnnyb

Hey all -- I have to meet a friend in Orillia tomorrow afternoon, but since we'll have the whole day, the lovely Laker Jessy and I are thinking about heading up there early to take a few casts.

I've only ever fished at the Atherly Narrows for perch...but I would assume could catch the odd bass or pike in there now? Any other particular spots I might try from shore? Or better yet...does anybody need a couple people to pitch in for gas in their boat tomorrow morning? LOL :)

Any helpful hints would be appreciated....and Happy Canada Day! :canadian:

You could try the fishing only pier outside the Harbourmaster's building at Couchiching Beach Park...usually a few pike roaming around and the odd bass...

What you mean the odd bass? LOL

I give Orilla a thumbs up for letting anglers the chance to fish from all thier docks at the park.

Just walk the docks and drop aline. You will be greeted Im sure, with good convo. They are very friendly boaters there,unlike the one here in Barrie. Here they seem to think everything is thiers. SNOBS.

• 3 years later...

Working in town for few days, was too tired last night to head out. BBQ steak and a beer will do that :whistling:

Have my telescopic rod in the work truck so will head over and fire a few casts in this evening. Staying at the Highwayman Inn, totally impressed with this motel btw, clean rooms and awesome complimentary buffet breakfast...highly recommend!

EdiT: wow, just noticed how old this thread was :w00t:

Edited by Chris In North Bay

You might find it a problem at this time of year on any dock.You can fish off the 'fishing dock' and both the town dock where the Island Princess sits and the government dock which sits in the park itself.The boardwalk and the new docks installed for boaters are off limits to people just walking out to fish unfortunately.The boaters' season runs May 24 to Thanksgiving. Before or after that any dock area is accessible.You can also shore fish anywhere along Veterans Park in front of the Legion and even behind the Aquatheatre in cooch park.Hope this helps.

Kerry

I grabbed some Gulp 2.5" minnows and 4" crawlers and 1/8 oz jig heads, Walmart didn't have any of the 6" ones I usually like to use. Didn't know of any place to grab some worms, so made do with that. Managed to catch a small catfish on the minnow/jighead and a few rock bass. This was the dock just past the marina, that extends from where Terry Fox Crescent- had to deal with school kids coming out and jumping in the water...guess wasn't anywhere else to swim but beside the guy fishing, ya know...

Was a nice way to pass the evening though :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Chris In North Bay

misfish: You are right about some of the people down at the marina on the Barrie shoreline..

It's like a breeding ground for donkeyholes.

2008-2012

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Even with the kids fishing day,they wouldnt let the kiddies fish the outer breakwall.. :wallbash: :wallbash:

I guess money talks.Whinning bass,,,,,,,,,,,turds.

Glad it worked out for you Chris. :canadian: