A Mixed Bag today

Went to a Lake called Memphre Magog in the Easter Townships of Quebec.It is a Holiday here in Quebec while others had to work :whistling:

We fished right in front of the popular ski resort Owls head.

Went with good friends Mike and GlennK.

Mike had invited us to try for some Lake Trout ,Atlantic Salmon and Rainbows.

Conditions were tough we tried jigging with dead smelt and trolling spoons I used lead core while Mike and Glennk used

dipsie divers.It has been cold lately and we knew that thunderstorms would be possible.

After five hours of dissapointment we move into an Island and caught some bass ,perch and rock Bass.

Now one guy got skunked a newly more active member of our community but I won't mention any names :whistling::stretcher:

Anyhoo here some pics :Gonefishing:

IMG_1403_1.jpg

Mike and GlennK

IMG_1404_1.jpg

All the way out in the middle of the lake and this begger shows up yes he was snacking well.

IMG_1406_1.jpg

IMG_1407_1.jpg

IMG_1410_1.jpg

Only decent fish caught today.

IMG_1411_1.jpg

IMG_1415_1.jpg

We had to call it a Day around 2:30 as the thunder was getting louder and the skies were getting Darker.

Better to be safe unfortunately when we got the boat on the trailer it seemed to have cleared up. :wallbash:

IMG_1417_1.jpg

Not a bad day wish we could have stayed for the evening bite but as much as I would

like to have my grey hair change colour being fried by lighting was not what I wanted to test out.

Can't wait to get out again.

Had a great day with GlennK and Mike.Hope to do it again guys.

IMG_1419_1.jpg

People who have not been fishing in awhile this is what happens on the way home.

Looking forward to Quinte in 3 weeks,

Hey Glenn I know you miss my old boat :P

MTP

Edited by Mike the Pike

Nice pics, great report. :thumbsup_anim: I had a day like that last year...we trolled for lakers for 6 hrs with one 9 incher all day...we then headed off for some bass fun for an hour before we packed up...my buddies son absolutely killed the bass on a large twity grub he only had one of...we just sat and watched him pull in fish after fish...lol...good fun

Thanks for sharing....the guy snoozing is scary...lol