Cheapest Time to Buy a Boat

fishinggeek

It depends. If you wait for end of year sales, you get what is left over. Not neccissarilly what you want. There are some good deals out there right now. I am just having a hard time trying to figure out what I want. I think I have the boats narrowed down, I just have to decide.

Good luck on your hunt.

I did a lot of research late last summer and early fall. I was told that in general, prices fall near the end of the season for those wanting to unload their boats before they have to pay to store them over the winter months.

I still check everyday on sites like Craigslist and Kijiji and I have NOT noticed prices up for the packages out there. I'm wondering if the high price of gas is causing some to unload their boats keep the supply of them high keeping prices down. I'm not sure....just an observation.

are you looking for a new or used? i would say there are some pretty good deals now on used boats. with the high cost of gas and rising food costs, there will probably be some pretty good outfits going up for sale. just remember to check out several models and make sure you get exactly what your looking for.

jason

Jason is correct on used boats.

Here on the Ohio side of Lake Erie aweful lot of boats sitting dry docked with for sale signs on them.

In my travels the past few weeks I seen a lot of newer used boats sitting in front of people home's up for sale.

Good Luck in your search

This might be a great time of the season to buy...I got my Legend package in June 2003, there was a few summer promos kicking around at the time on a couple models...mind ya we got almost $5000 worth of upgrades when all was said and done(upgraded motor ect) :huh: but the base price was a pretty good deal

Lots of dealerships have some good "get you in the door" packages at this time of year, keep in mind though that the extras add up pretty good depending on what the base price of the package is..and lots of boats come a bit under powered..for example my Legend package came with a 25 Merc on it...it was almost $3000 extra to upgrate to a 40 ELPTO with extended warranty on it

one thing to keep in mind is that with the us exchange is really good right now helping our prices on american imports, i doubt thats going to change for a while, but if it goes back to what it was a couple years ago new boat prices are bound to rise.

That was one thing i noticed about legend when i was shopping, the boats seemed nice but underpowered, and the engine upgrade costs were really large imo.

Edited by blarg

Jason is correct on used boats.

Here on the Ohio side of Lake Erie aweful lot of boats sitting dry docked with for sale signs on them.

In my travels the past few weeks I seen a lot of newer used boats sitting in front of people home's up for sale.

Good Luck in your search

If you can,can you post some pic,s of some of the boats with phone numbers.

Looking for 16+ft with 40+hp.

Thanks

If you can,can you post some pic,s of some of the boats with phone numbers.

Looking for 16+ft with 40+hp.

Thanks

Brian if I see a smaller boat I'll try to do that for ya, but most of the one's I see people trying to get out from under are the bigger bass boat with 150's and up. I think a lot of those guy are downsizing because of the gas cost.