Five Sleeps Til the Opener

Doctrt

Anyone getting out on G-Bay for some real muskie fishing this Saturday?? I personally can't wait!! Thought this might be a good forum to discuss different strategies that might be used in the colder water of the north. Any thoughts??

Here's a big girl from a few years back

timsmuskysept206me.jpg

Good Luck to all!!

T

Nice Fish. I leave Friday Morning cant wait!!!!!!! I'll use strategy I always use. Do my milk run once with bulging bucktail. Second time with topwater. Third time with Sledge. See if anything shows itself and comeback to those spots more frequently and cautiously.

Ive never trolled a sledge before.....

Please explain...only have casted and WTD or variations of it.

Your milk run..????

you actually trolling or is it a locale you park/drift and cast to??

Just curious?????

Hhey docT.......nice serious looking lunge bud!.......Id be very anxious myself to get back up to GB for some of that.

Best of luck to you.

Ive never trolled a sledge before.....

Please explain...only have casted and WTD or variations of it.

Your milk run..????

you actually trolling or is it a locale you park/drift and cast to??

Just curious?????

Hhey docT.......nice serious looking lunge bud!.......Id be very anxious myself to get back up to GB for some of that.

Best of luck to you.

A milk-run is a set of likely spots with great potential that have given up fish in the past. Have 5 or more of these spots within running distance, then hit each in succession with different presentations each time, and you have yourself a milk-run.

The Ottawa River opens for Muskie this weekend also. :Gonefishing:

Up here we fast troll spinner baits on the flats until the weeds make that impossible. I will be burning up a few gallons using this technique this weekend. :whistling:

Best of luck to everyone .... hang on tight to those rods.

Wow Doc, that is one impressive G-Bay Ski! Did you get a chance to put a tape measure to her? Looks like a true love affair the way you are hugging her!!!!

54" x 29" - True love - Hopefully I can find her again this year!

Doc, the worlds greatest wife informed me of the 10th anniversary plans for this weekend."diner and movie on friday,visit aunt in fergus on sat afternoon,and she doesn't care what i do on sunday. So if you guys are still around i'll see you at "mega-dawn"sunday morning.as for statagy,I plan on having camera charged.net at the ready,and allowing you to return the favour as camera man as i crush my "peanut-butter"

I can't sleep, I'm so pumped for the Muskie opener this Friday on the Ottawa :Gonefishing: .....it seems as though it's taking forever for the day to get here!!!

what part of the Ottawa are you on?? I am up Near Mattawa and we do have some big ones up hear.

Guest gbfisher
......she is a beast alright-but 29" girth ???? Naaaaaah

Sounds like the way the post went when it was posted.... :dunno:

I fish GB but wouldnt go as far as saying it's the "REAL Musky" opener.... :whistling::D ............Good luck regardless.

I think I'll wait for a few weeks before targeting them. The Dinner fishing is still HOT!(Pickerel that is) Im sure the big gilrs would look better with food in their gut as well..... :thumbsup_anim: