Pic of 47" muskie.....poof.....gone!!

bigcreekdad

Caught a nice fat 47" muskie on the French today. Took a good pic of ED CRane, Lodge owner/guide holding it up. Pic looked good so we let it go quickly as it had been a long fight in some rapids. Back to camp and try to print it out and....poof...it's gone. No idea what happened, but I guess we'll have to settle on the memory. Just wondering if a photo shop would have any luck recovering it from the chip in the camera?

Next time we'll use two diff cameras.

WE had stopped for shore lunch by some rapids and I hooked it in a pool from the rocks. It ran down and out of the pool and into the fast water. 10 minute fight.....what a kick!!

Caught a nice fat 47" muskie on the French today. Took a good pic of ED CRane, Lodge owner/guide holding it up. Pic looked good so we let it go quickly as it had been a long fight in some rapids. Back to camp and try to print it out and....poof...it's gone. No idea what happened, but I guess we'll have to settle on the memory. Just wondering if a photo shop would have any luck recovering it from the chip in the camera?

WE had stopped for shore lunch by some rapids and I hooked it in a pool from the rocks. It ran down and out of the pool and into the fast water. 10 minute fight.....what a kick!!

congrats on the fish.. ed's a good guy. :)

too bad about the pic.. i've never had it happen to me but have heard of cases where it has happened. are you positively sure it's gone? where aer you located.. i am the master of recovery. if you can wait and want to see if it's still there somehow, don't take any more pics on that card. if you know how to make an "image" of a drive, make an image of the card. you could then send me this image file and I could see what i can do. be forewarned though, i will see all the pics on that card and likely use them in photoshop experiments to post on OFC. ;):D

Edited by Raf

I had that problem with my first camera. It was as if there were two different memory sections on it. Keep turning the camera on and off every once and awhile and see if it pops back. Like Raf said, don't take any more pics on that card. Nice fish at any rate!

great going on the fish..nice one man, don't sweat the pic thing too much, although I am sure you would love a pic of that fish. When we first got out digi camera, I had a whack of fishin pics on it, and the wife had a bunch of the kids and stuff...first time I tried to load up on my PC, I wiped out the whole card, with no way to get the pics back...wifey wasn't too impressed with that :rolleyes: , I said pffft tell me about it I had some awesome fishin pics on there too :P

47 is a beauty of a fish :Gonefishing:

BCD, first congrats on the nice muskie. Good to hear people are catching them up there as we are heading up in 2 weeks.

2nd, you have the worst luck with cameras. I was reading old French River posts today and was reading about your camera troubles last year. You need about 6 cameras per trip and possibly consider hiring a camera boat to follow you around.

Congrats all the same, looking forward to hearing about more French River info. Please 2 take pics though for your report.

Let the chip dry out and try it.

and then use isopropyl alochol (not the best stuff but...) and gently clean the connectors.

and then try it in a different camera.

and then let it warm up in the car, try it

and then let it get cold (freezer) and try it.

forrest

Let the chip dry out and try it.

and then use isopropyl alochol (not the best stuff but...) and gently clean the connectors.

and then try it in a different camera.

and then let it warm up in the car, try it

and then let it get cold (freezer) and try it.

forrest

Why????????

Never says he got it wet?

If your positive the camera took the pic, Then its on the memory card or on the small memory thats built in the camera.

Id check the small memory built in the camera.

Also when checking memory card on PC, Make sure to open every folder you see.

If you know that this camera usually saves photos to the card, I wouldn't think it'd be on the internal memory (if there is any). It'd stand to reason that specifying a different save location would require an awful lot of button presses, and I assume you'd have noticed all that going on.

I wouldn't expect a photo place to have data recovery software. Any pc repair shop should, though. Recovering data from a flash card is a really minor task.

If you're net savvy, and want to try it yourself, find a copy of EasyRecovery Pro version 6 or above. Plug the card into your computer using a flash card reader (not the camera itself), tell EasyRecovery where to recover from, and give it an empty directory on your hard drive to dump files to. That's all there is to it.

Either way, it's important that you get that card out of the camera now, and don't use it again until you're sure you've exhausted all the recovery options you're going to attempt. Just hitting "delete" doesn't get rid of the data, just removes it from normal view. However, if you reuse the space with a pic of your dog, the muskie really will be gone.

Good luck!