Strike 3.... Skunked Again....i Need A Fish Fix

Mike the Pike

Got out today at 2pm Glen and I decided to arrive later hoping to encounter a late day walleye bite.This was Glen's first time fishing in waiters so caution when walking was the main focus.Mike our trib fisherman arrived at 3:30pm .We gave it our best effort but conditions were tough the winds were blowing around 80kph so casting was more like rapala kite flying.We saw another 6 fisherman who gave up because of the winds they did not have waiters which made it tough to cast into the deeper water.3 outings no fish weather permitting we will try again.

115886.JPG

Preparing our day to get skunked.We had no Idea.

115887.JPG

The walk to the rapids yes this is ice about as thick as pie crust nothing to hope for.

115888.JPG

Wow thicker ice.Look Tracker some ice!Get the Jiffy ready.

115889.JPG

As you can see by the spray on the Lachine rapids the wind was blowing very hard.

115890.JPG

This is the spot for Brown trout Glen has had his new boots on for 15 minutes and he is already telling me he is going to out fish me.(He usually does)

115891.JPG

Yes I know once again I am not holding any fish but hey would you look at those powerful rapids!

115885.JPG

This is great spot for Walleye from May to November as for January we are trying to find out.

115893.JPG

Ya I'm pissed I just lost an $8 Rapala :(

Time for reload.As the sun goes down I am thinking about that lucky Cliff.I would do anything write now to just hook into a Pike.No bloody battle scars though.

115896.JPG

This is Mike our rapid fishing Master.Laidies look up!

115897.JPG

We finally gave up.Still beats working.

115898.JPG

Can you tell I lost 3 pounds?

115899.JPG

The ride home this is the Champlain Bridge heading back to the South Shore from Montreal.

Not an exciting report but I can not believe this is January.

Need some ice. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Mike

LOL - Mike - just for the record - I don't use a Jiffy. I have a Strikemaster - and it's been ready for 2 months now! lol

Oh and by the way - really nice report - great photos but its to bad no fish - keep at it - you'll get em' yet!

Don

well thats to bad mike,no fish & you lost a rapala :dunno: ,well like they say bad luck comes in three's so that means next time out you are gonna hit the JACKPOT SO HANG IN THERE BUDDY :Gonefishing: ,well thanks for the report mike and those pics of the rapids,that wind looks real mean,take care and better luck next time cheers :thumbsup_anim::D

Great report Mike! Sorry about the skunk though. Blyght and I get skunked most times we go out...we just don't post reports about it...haha. I have now tried steelheading 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I went out again today. At least today I hooked into one for about 15 seconds before I lost him. Oh well...we all get skunked right?

Looks like some nasty weather coming this week....fishing reports for my will be few! Better luck next time Mike!