I saw a some Gar Pike

Fishing in campbellford this weekend we did lots of fishing. At this place i saw a school of gar pike. Was fishing the bank of this spot and seen several, and i am guessing that is why we cought no fish there, but as we were walking along side the bridge i saw another school of these fish. sorry could not get a side view but the best i could do from the bridge.You can see the shadow of the fish in these pictures. Also there is the area we fished.Just thought i would share my story :D

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

I can see it dude,

very cool fish, super aggressive on the right days. when I was in Niagara and port D I saw a bunch of them, lots here in Gbay too.

try this--- get a piece of nylon rope about 5" long wrap the one end tight with clear hockey tape about a inch wide, burn the tip so it doesnt frey. thats your body. unwind and tease the other end. I put a sickle jig head through and push the barb through the tape. gives you something to tie on to and the barb will keep the rope on the hook.No to mention hook pike if they are in the mix.

The Gar's little teeth will tangle into the nylon rope, dont set the hook or you will rip the rope out. Just apply steady pressure.

here's a pic of a hookless.

gar.gif

I can see it dude,

very cool fish, super aggressive on the right days. when I was in Niagara and port D I saw a bunch of them, lots here in Gbay too.

try this--- get a piece of nylon rope about 5" long wrap the one end tight with clear hockey tape about a inch wide, burn the tip so it doesnt frey. thats your body. unwind and tease the other end. I put a sickle jig head through and push the barb through the tape. gives you something to tie on to and the barb will keep the rope on the hook.No to mention hook pike if they are in the mix.

The Gar's little teeth will tangle into the nylon rope, dont set the hook or you will rip the rope out. Just apply steady pressure.

here's a pic of a hookless.

gar.gif

Thats kind of cool. Might give that a try

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

saw some gar pike off the north shore of Lake Erie ( Oxley) last weekend while on a men's retreat.

forgot the camera but caught some small catfish( 5-10 lbs).. a lot of silver bass (1-2lbs) and some sheepheads(2-3 lbs)

no perch and no walleye :wallbash:

Splashhopper

Mike. If your camera can accept add on lenses, pick up a polarizer. If it can't, holding your polarized fishing glasses in front of your camera lens works in a pinch too.

that is an awesome tip! thanks for the info