My First Fish Of 2007 - Last Report Of The Season.....maybe....

ccmtcanada

With the great temps, blyght and I HAD to go out tonight....even though it was raining. It was a nice 11C while we were out there....no wind to speak of, no waves and nice green water with plenty of bait fish swimming around. We were in touch with fishindevil, so we hooked up. We were trying to land some more Walleye, but it was not to be! A few hours into fishing I pulled this pike out of the water....a 32", 14.5" girth, 8 lb 3oz toothy critter.

gallery_60_23_24302.jpg

The blood on my left hand isn't the pike's....he got me....and pretty good too! It bled for quite a while and luckily fishindevil had some kleenex so I could apply some pressure to it...stopped bleeding after about 10 minutes.

gallery_60_23_25971.jpg

He took the lure very deep and it took a while to get it out, but after about 10 minutes, he swam away....for me to catch another day!

Too bad bout the finger, know how it feels and then some. Nice going on the pike too. And possibly last report of the season, I've heard that before, hmm, just don't know where. :dunno: Guess u don't wanna jinx yerself eh, haha. Good stuff.

well congrats cliff,it was a blast hooking up with you guys and trying for some walleye but,hey the pike were in town instead,that was a nice one you caught ,and wow that nasty deep cut looks alot worse than i first thought,well we all get those fishing battle scares,lol..lol,great pic of the pike too :thumbsup_anim::D

Back when we posted our season ending report in November, we really thought it would be!! In any other year it would have been....lol. The finger is healing up nicely....will be ready to hit the trib tomorrow after this great rain! I gotta hook me a nice steelie.

Good looking clean gash. You probably deserved it... that'll teach ya to catch pike when walleye fishing. lol

LOL...as soon as it hit I knew it wasn't an eye...pike are too cranky for me....haha. Next time I'll just cut the line.... :lol:

Edited by ccmtcanada