OFN kids day fishing?

Maybe some of the parents that have posted pics of them with their children could help us start up an annual OFC kids day some where?

We would be willing to help start this from the London to Toronto area. ( and can also attend in the Markham-Oshawa area as well)

Splashhopper and Botbot

What about a crappie or perch event out on Scugog?

I just don't have a way to get my 14' tin can there...

if the date and time is good, I'll be in with my little girl. just need to get the boat there...

What about a crappie or perch event out on Scugog?

I just don't have a way to get my 14' tin can there...

if the date and time is good, I'll be in with my little girl. just need to get the boat there...

YOU DONT NEED A BOAT TO TAKE A KID FISHING. :wallbash:

OK IF I MAY.

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A GREAT DAY FISHING WITH THE KIDS ,YOU GOT TO HAVE A PLACE THAT HAS LOTS OF PAN FISH FROM THE SHORE,AND HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE TO THOSE LITTLE WEE ONES THAT GET BORED OR NOT WANTING TO FISH ALL DAY,YOU GOT TO HAVE A PARK WITH SWINGS AND A SLIDE AND ALL THAT FUN KID STUFF. IT,S ABOUT THE KIDS HAVING A GREAT DAY AND NOT ABOUT US. KEEP IT SIMPLE.HOTDOGS ,BURGERS,ON THE BBQ. YES,HAVE A BBQ FOR THEM.MAYBE EVEN SOME LOW COST PRIZES JUST FOR PARTICAPATING. :clapping:

There are many Conservation Areas that would be great spots for this. They have the playgrounds, beaches and lakes.

I think it's a matter of finding a central location for everybody that is coming.

For the kids... its quantity of fish not quality,,, rock bass off off docks was always our kids favorites when they were little...

I'm not missing a thing.

That I know so if there is a kids day, I want to have access to our boat as well. I know I do not NEED a boat to take her fishing as we fish off the dock at the cottage 2, 3 or 4 times a day when we are there. That all depends on the weather and her mood.

Geez, string a guy up for saying he want's to partake in a kids fishing day and bring a boat a long... WOW...

ok,, how about we think of Port Dover for some Perch fishing?

Maybe we can all put our own locations up and then get an idea of what makes sense to us all.

I like the idea of "stuff to do" other than fishing for the little ones too.

We are in London and are willing to travel up to 2 hours.

Thanks

Splashhopper and Botbot

I would be very interested in attending a family/kids day.

If I can throw out an idea...

Turkey Point Provincial Park - http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/turk.html

It is pretty central to London/Kitchener/Hamilton, has great facilities and a huge clean beach. For those bringing boats, they can launch nearby and anchor off the beach. A group picnic shelter is available for $50 and is located by the play area.

-Brian

Sounds like a great idea.

Had my 2 oldest (6 & 8) out on L. Simcoe just over a week ago.

Thought it was best to have them fish with a float rather than off bottom.

That way they didn't have to hold the rod and concentrate so much.

Kids love watching that float go under.

We hooked over 100 perch in the same spot.

I only caught about 10 because most of my time was spent baiting hooks

and casting lines. They had a blast.

Splashhopper, there is a Kids Fun Rock Bass Derby in Long Point this weekend put on by Rotten Ronnie's. I used to take the kids every year to it, Ron always puts on a good tourney for the kids and they each receive a little grab bag of fishing goodies at the end. Lots of shore spots too around the area to fish from and the weather looks like it is going to be great.

Here is some info on it if you are interested:

Hey guys! Don't forget to bring the kids and grandkids out to this year's Rock Bass Derby. Juniors age 2 to 8 and Seniors age 9 to 13. Prizes for all. Contact Rotten Ronnie's 519-586-7990 or [email protected]

It is a 2 day derby. Last time for registration is 10 am Sunday morning with final weigh in at 3pm Sunday. If you fish both days you can weigh in one fish and upgrade the next day if you catch a larger one. Remember, this is for the kids so we are flexible. You can fish anywhere in Long Point Bay (except the sanctuary)Ages are 2-8 and 9-13. A good time is had by all. Draw prizes for all kids at weigh in on Sunday as well as grab bags for every entrant. Entry fee is $3.00 per child.

Edited by steve_paul

Splashhopper, there is a Kids Fun Rock Bass Derby in Long Point this weekend put on by Rotten Ronnie's. I used to take the kids every year to it, Ron always puts on a good tourney for the kids and they each receive a little grab bag of fishing goodies at the end. Lots of shore spots too around the area to fish from and the weather looks like it is going to be great.

Here is some info on it if you are interested:

Hey guys! Don't forget to bring the kids and grandkids out to this year's Rock Bass Derby. Juniors age 2 to 8 and Seniors age 9 to 13. Prizes for all. Contact Rotten Ronnie's 519-586-7990 or [email protected]

It is a 2 day derby. Last time for registration is 10 am Sunday morning with final weigh in at 3pm Sunday. If you fish both days you can weigh in one fish and upgrade the next day if you catch a larger one. Remember, this is for the kids so we are flexible. You can fish anywhere in Long Point Bay (except the sanctuary)Ages are 2-8 and 9-13. A good time is had by all. Draw prizes for all kids at weigh in on Sunday as well as grab bags for every entrant. Entry fee is $3.00 per child.

That would have been a good start for us, however, my daughter ( 10 yr old) is in a Taekwondo tournament in Toronto that weekend. (Patterns only, due to her broken bone in her hand yet).

As for a location, we are open to both the Long Point and the Hamilton location.

If we get some families from the Toronto region,( BIG HINT TO CLIFF AND BLY AND FAMILY :whistling: )location due to the driving times.

Splashhopper and Botbot