Bean soup

HTHM

LOL, my recipe for Bean soup is different! At least you got a lot of ham in yours?

Glad you are OK Norm! It's a bit early in the season for swimming even here.

I recall fishing at East Harbor on day in my boat with a friend, my butt firmly planted in the bow seat. I made a cast and a bass grabbed the lure, when I made the hookset the plastic swivel base snapped right off at the top of the pole.

I ended up on my back gazing at the sky! LOL all was good though, my head didn't hit the gunnel on the way down, and I didn't get the pole up my arse!

Well, it appears that Old Ironmaker isn't up to telling the story, so here goes:

Old Ironmaker and I had arranged to hook up for perch last Saturday. We met at the appointed time in the appointed place, got introductions out of the way, transferred rods and tackle into his boat, and down the road we went. Destination Port Burwell. Upon arrival it was scene out of traffic nightmares...in the space used for 6 truck and trailer combo's there was 20, we get lined up to launch, enquire about minnows, none to be had. Well shucks we can't launch without bait, made inquiries and found that there were minnows available just down the road. So off the Port Stanley we go.

The launch at Port stanley was amazing! Ten bucks to launch, and they have a young fellow to help with your bow lines, hold your boat, whatever needs to be done. We were very impressed by the service here. Minnows were 5 bucks a scoop and quite a few in a scoop as well.

Down the river we go to the perching grounds. Two clusters of boat to choose from , we get to a respectful distance and anchor. While fishing for perch, (they were on smoulder but we did OK), it happens. The anchor rope wrapped around the locking latch and released the seat base. Base of the seat comes out, I fall backwards and perform a less than graceful backwards cannonball into the SIXTY TWO degree water. I can only imagine the look on my face as I tumbled over the edge of the boat. I felt my sunglasses slip of my face and start the downward journey to the bottom of erie. Made a feeble attempt to grab them, but missed due to the fact that I was more concerned with getting to the surface than saving my glasses. Make it to the surface, grab the gunnel and there was a conversation regarding getting back in boat, made my way to the back of the boat and climbed up the boarding ladder. Handy things i tell ya! Offers to return to shore are made, declined, squeeze out the water in my shirts and return to fishing.

The ensuing conversation included a reference to this story, as I told Old Ironmaker about it and now, as a result, Norm can see turnabout comes to those that wait. I still feel bad about what I did to you Norm, it was absolute foolish design on my part that put overboard. If this case it was a simple error in tie-off of the anchor rope.

All's well that ends well, as they say.

Old Ironmaker, I am happy to share a boat with you again anytime. However I will be checking the rigging. :whistling::sarcasm:

Edited by HTHM

I knew you could tell it better than I Albert, besides I'm so tired from watching my wife shovel and rake 4 yards of topsoil. It was actually Pt. Bruce that we launched from.

But I know you might have bumped your head in the way overboard. Do you remember me asking if the water temp was actually 62°? The look on your face lad is something I have witnessed only a hand full or times in my life, usually after a large explosion at the plant.

We will get together on the water soon. I will however be checking the butt seat on your Ranger. I checked today and with enough wieght the post did come off the mount. I'm thinking of welding a pipe on the mount, then I see someone tripping on it if the seat is out and going for a dunk.

Then again I don't tip the scales as much as I did years ago. Two words for you kid, Jenny Craig. I can be such a smart ass, sorry couldn't resist.