I'd Like To Take My Son Perching In Simcoe

fisher

I'd like to take my 3 year old son perch fishing :Gonefishing: tomorrow since it isn't going to be cold :thumbsup_anim: . Thinking of Simcoe.

I am coming up highway 400 from Toronto.

I have a few questions that you may be able to help me with:

- where can I buy minnows? I recall a place just off the 400 around major mackenzie - a bait shop near a Timmies I believe. Is it still there and what time does it open or does anyone know the name of this place so I can call them? If not, aywhere else along the way.

- where can I go on south Simcoe so we can get into steady action from shore and where I can be close to the car in case my son needs to warm up a bit.

If you prefer to PM me that would be awesome as well.

Thanks and hopefully I may see some of you there. :thumbsup_anim:

There is a bait shop off the 400 it is past the rutherford and major mackenzie exits. Its at the service station within king city right off the 400 N Fish Ontario Angling Inc. As for fishing one of the best shore spots on Simcoe right now is the Barrie docks. The perch are in the thousands there you and your son will have non stop action. To get there take 400 North and get into Barrie exit at Essa road. Make a right on Essa (north), right on tiffin st. and a left on lakeshore dr. and you can't miss it. Have fun.

Tight lines

Thanks - I imagine it is going to be very busy there tomorrow - as I have never fished there before - do I need to show up early to get a spot or do you think that if I get there at 9:00 I will be fine??

BTW, I called the bait shop and they open at 5:00 am.

What bait/lures should I take other than minnows??

I went for the first time myself the other day,

I took my 4yr old girl and she had a great time, everyone is therer is very friendly and nice. You might even want to bring a bucket or chair for your kid to sit on. I found it kept my girl in one spot and didn't have to worry to much about her getting excited and running around or leaning over to much. Have great time let us know how it goes. We caught about 30 or 40 perch, she actually caught the biggest one.

Have a good one.