Online Tackle

BENNY

Just curious where people like to order from for various types of tackle, I need to order a couple specific things but was trying to avoid the states(Cabelas/Basspro/Ebay) and BassPro store is quite the drive for me.

Anyone frequent any online sellers with fair prices and decent ship time within Canada/Ontario.

I bought a large supply of tackle from Cabela's this year after hearing about it from someone else on the board, and have to say I was quite satisfied with their prices selection and service, I saved a bundle vs buying from BPS here, I would recommend too.

I pity you if you have to go the Cabelas route the taxes shipping and handling fees can easily increase the cost by 50% or more...... The days of deals using cross border shipping seem to long gone anytime I price anything from BPS or Cabelas these days.

LeBarons is awesome to order from because in Ontario you don't pay PST most times that covers the bulk of the shipping for me and with gas the price it is not having a three hour return trip is just another bonus.

Guest robw

What kind of stuff are you looking for? I just bought some trolling spoons and flys from SpoonMaster. Their prices were good and fast shipping. Anything else and you might want to try Cabela's. If you find any more, I would'nt mind checking them out as well.

What kind of stuff are you looking for? I just bought some trolling spoons and flys from SpoonMaster. Their prices were good and fast shipping. Anything else and you might want to try Cabela's. If you find any more, I would'nt mind checking them out as well.

Looking for a couple different types of Blue Fox Vibrax... mailny the Double header and the Musky Bucks.. I see the classic ones on Lebarons site but no other ones....Double Header

Guest robw

The Vibrax are my favorite lures. I've always been able to get them at Canadian Tire, and my LFS. There has got to be someone near you that either carries them or can order them. See if Blue Fox has a list of Distributors on their website.

Guest skeeter99

QUOTE form canuck fan below

I pity you if you have to go the Cabelas route the taxes shipping and handling fees can easily increase the cost by 50% or more...... The days of deals using cross border shipping seem to long gone anytime I price anything from BPS or Cabelas these days.

LeBarons is awesome to order from because in Ontario you don't pay PST most times that covers the bulk of the shipping for me and with gas the price it is not having a three hour return trip is just another bonus.

well unless you are buying snoopy bobbers there is not much difference

most crankbaits and plastic are much cheaper like 30 to 40% granted some stuff is the same price

the shipping and duty is so low it is stupid, like on a $150 I paid $9 duty and $17 to ship $26 dollars total right to my door and that included the tax, and they had it in stock and all the colours and sizes you want and to boot stuff you cannot get in canada, and the product in canada was a total of $243.56, so i save $50 or more. you have to watch what you are buying online some things are cheaper in canada

the $26 would not even cover the cost and time of going to bass pro in vaughn or lebarons to find out they dont have it in stock

just pick usps ground service and baas pro and cabela's will have it to your door in uder 6 business days, most of my order arrive on the 4th day

and another tip for online shopping check cabela's (bargain cave) and bass pro clearance on there websites 75% off the price in most cases

last year I got lucky craft crankbaits for $7 a peice compared to the over $20 price at bass pro in vaughn

Edited by skeeter99

Always dealt well with Cabelas and BPS online. Only problem I had with Cabelas is that they simply left the package on the front porch if we weren't home - which lead to one of the reels we ordered getting stolen (Cabelas was great about this, and sent out another one free of charge). If the order was from BPS they would leave a note saying there was a package at the post office for us.

Either way, shipping was never much.

Always dealt well with Cabelas and BPS online. Only problem I had with Cabelas is that they simply left the package on the front porch if we weren't home - which lead to one of the reels we ordered getting stolen (Cabelas was great about this, and sent out another one free of charge). If the order was from BPS they would leave a note saying there was a package at the post office for us.

Either way, shipping was never much.

Well I really don't think Cabela's left it on your front porch, it was the shipping company, either the Post Office or other delivery service.

Cabelas fan here. They're shipping/brokerage fees are high but I have the option of shopping right at their stores or picking things up at the border. You'll never get better customer service from anywhere else. Shop carefully and you'll find some incredible deals.

I've never had any issues with cabelas. Even on large items, I still seem to save a little. The beauty is they have what I want, and the quality is top notch. I don't get much fishing gear there, but almost all my hunting gear comes from them. Its always at my door within a week.

Sinker

By decent prices, do you mean the highest prices that you have ever paid?

Tundra I would have to disagree with you here, its hit or miss with Musky Baits and JB's is by no means the most expensive I have seen.

They have been nothing but great with me. Other then a miscommunication error.

I found the shipping cost to be way too high at cabela's and BPS, AND they charge you 13% sales tax? I may be wrong but I thought if you only had to pay pst/gst if you bought something in Ontario, outside of ontario you shouldn't have to pay any tax at all. I find it hard to believe cabela's is going to take all that tax they collect from ontario customers and hand it over to the ontario government.

IMO you can't beat Ebay when it come to fishing gear, lures, line, reels, you name it - you can find it a whole lot cheaper on ebay, with the most reasonable shipping rates (most of the time). Just make sure they ship it USPS and not UPS (You have to pay a ridiculous brokerage fee with UPS) with USPS you don't have to pay any duty/brokerage fee at all. AND on Ebay you pay no tax.