Anyone catch muskies on these?

ehg

jointedshadP-1.jpg

Probably caught most of my Kawartha muskies on perch SuperShad Rap casting or trolling.

These newer X-Rap jointed shads are the same size but look shallower and they suspend, etc...

I have no confidence in them yet despite there shiny, jointedness.

Looks pretty good but has anyone caught any muskies on them?

Thanks,

ehg

Edited by ehg

Hey Eric,

I have one in 'Clown' but it just sits on the bottom of my box. I mean, it looks freakin' amazing in the water, but it's not one of my 'go to' baits.

Maybe I'll give it an honest go this season.

Sorry I couldn't help, E.

Eric,

I'm a stickler for the Go-Too's....

-aplumma's suicks and store bought sledges as well the largest(mine) in-line spinners and a few more to boot, But,

Bought the 001, 002, 017, 402 and 556 this year and took them for a swim last weekend checking them out troling eye;s.

I hooked L-M almost every run, (OOS) but They sure looked deadly in the water.

In/on the right conditions Im quite sure they'll do just fine.

Nice to look at, nice action and they catch.......as for lunge......We'll see!

I changed the splitrings and upgraded the hooks tho....

bNb

Hey Eric,

I have one in 'Clown' but it just sits on the bottom of my box. I mean, it looks freakin' amazing in the water, but it's not one of my 'go to' baits.

Maybe I'll give it an honest go this season.

Sorry I couldn't help, E.

Hey thanks Bill,

Thought that it would sit unused in my tackle box as well.

Looks good, but judging by lack of replies it must be crap.

Won't waste time or 12 dollars on this i guess.

ehg

Looks more like a walleye bait than a musky bait. Add about 8 inches to it and I might try it. lol

Thought i'd try this bait for the plethora of 30-40 inch musky on Kawarthas.

The bait is same size as Super Shad Rap which has done well for me for these little Kawartha muskies.

BricknBlock i change the splitrings on most Rapala lures as well, had splitring issues with them in past.

The lack of positive replies continues the lack of confidence in this lure.

I'll stick with black/ silver bucktail at opener i guess.

ehg

I have all the colors (I think), used them on the West Arm last June and only caught Pike on the black/silver... but may not have given them fair time. I hope to use them more up there this year, and will be flinging the orange one in the evenings for Hugh Jass Wall-ices... so many lures... so little time!!! :Gonefishing:

Ran them last fall on the St lawernce and lake st clair took a few fish . Fish them like Lew does with his belivers , allmost a surface bait , Im a fan of jointed shallow lures if you work them right they can kick up a lot of noise.I have no so called "go-to bait" ?? I have lots of baits (the custermers love them ) and use whatever suits the condishions for the day ,lots of time custermers bring baits and I let them run what ever the want , but I cant count how many times a guy wants to run his so called "go-to" that he caught his PB with in completely different condishions time of year depth etc. and wonders why it didnt come thu this time , he figures he wasnt lucky or the fish were'nt biteing ??? never understood this go to bait thing ,if a bait tracks right runs at the depth I want etc. , IT WILL WORK . SO many more inportant things when your job is putting fish on custermers lines than the BRAND OF BAIT your running , type yes .

Ran them last fall on the St lawernce and lake st clair took a few fish . Fish them like Lew does with his belivers , allmost a surface bait , Im a fan of jointed shallow lures if you work them right they can kick alot of noise.

Thanks capt. bruce was the kind of info i was looking for. So it can catch muskies but a shallow approach, almost surface.

Hmmm...guess i'll grab one for the opener.

Thanks, ehg

Is this one of those Guerrilla Marketing Things Again?? If it is I will plug my Friend Georges' Woodie Baits. They are hand made in Belle river Ontario right on the shores of Lake St. Clair which I feel has Ontario's best Muskie Fishing Bar none and feel that the next Ontario Record fish is waiting to be Caught Photoed and Released. Just my $.02 :canadian:

I got one in clown as well. Used it on the French and Moon, not even a follow. Did some trolling with it, not a tap. Probably has seen maybe 10 hours and still looks new, hoping to get some teeth marks in there. Will have to try the shallow approach with the bait. Not a confidence bait by a long shot, looks cool though...but I would recomend sticking with the classic beleivers and suicks.

reefrunner