need lake to fish near Fenlon Falls

idesign

guys

i am going to Fenlon Falls this Sunday to pick my new boat.There are lots of lakes around.Can any1 tell me which lake should i try.And what kind of fish i will be able to catch.let me know.thank you

i was thinking about Lake Scugog.is it good there.does any1 know where public boat launch is.thx

Hello

In Fenlon you have both Cameron Lake above the falls and Stergeon Lake below the falls, both are great for fishing, some of the fish there and that is open is Crappie, Blue gills, and Walleyes. I fish alot on Cameron lake for Musky and bass when is season.

I have a cottage on the water near the Dam.

dave

and if you wanted to head towards Coby (Coboconk) then you have Balsam Lake for some eye's. Some of the smaller lakes in the area close the boat lanuch in the day time because the lakes are getting over fished.

Dave, how often are you up there? I'm just North of town by 15KM. Not sure when I'll be up next though...

Guest lundboy

Sturgeon is below the falls, and a friend of mine owns a camp there right around the corner from the falls (Wichwood). The walleye have been insane there so far right by the bend past the falls. Easy to get 30 in about two hours (last week at least).

Guest lundboy

Watch out for the rock shelf on the east side about half way down the lake.... it's hard on lower units and props of new boats.

Balsam for the past few years has had some signs posted to avoid keeping Walleye, but sturgeon does not.

Edited by lundboy

Watch out for the rock shelf on the east side about half way down the lake.... it's hard on lower units and props of new boats.

You talking about sturgeon here........cause I've never seen this......and I'm docked on the lake. ??? I think you could be mistaken......no?

Fishing is good on Sturg though, I'd go south of Fenelon, and launch at long beach. As your coming south on #35, hang a left in cameron on Long Beach Rd. Follow it to the water, and the launch is right there. The weedline running N/S from the launch is a great spot for eye.......I get the odd crappie there too.

Sinker

Edited by Sinker

Hey Geoff W

I am at the end of the Road on West Street. first road past the fenlon marina. I am usually up there most weekends...

LUNDBOY

My Uncle owns the house right across from WHICHWOOD. Its the Log house next to the new mansion.

The pics have been very good this year...

Dave

You mentioned picking up a "new boat" New Angler.....make sure you have everything necessary to pass inspection on the water and be safe. Can be expensive buying things last minute, searching samll towns for a whistle (signalling device) or whatever.

Scugog is a hike from where you will be, Sturgeon is a good place to start. Certainly don't mean this to sound negatve but you sound like a newbie-some morons can be real pr!cks at boat launches....if this is your first time launching Sunday afternoon might not be the time to learn.

I'm going to pm you links to a bunch of charts I scanned, hope you have a great summer with your new boat.

You mentioned picking up a "new boat" New Angler.....make sure you have everything necessary to pass inspection on the water and be safe. Can be expensive buying things last minute, searching samll towns for a whistle (signalling device) or whatever.

Scugog is a hike from where you will be, Sturgeon is a good place to start. Certainly don't mean this to sound negatve but you sound like a newbie-some morons can be real pr!cks at boat launches....if this is your first time launching Sunday afternoon might not be the time to learn.

I'm going to pm you links to a bunch of charts I scanned, hope you have a great summer with your new boat.

thx buddy for the charts.great stuff.