Summer plans coming together

fishnsled

Our summer vacation plans are finally in place and will be spending a few days on Shanty Bay near Noelville, looks like it is part of the French :dunno: . We've booked into a B&B called Woodgrange Bed and Breakfast. We have always enjoyed going to B&B's as the food has been awesome at any we've been to in the past and you always meet some great people. This will be my first open water trip to Nipissing/French and the first time to that end of the lake. It looks like I won't have to travel too far for some great fishing but any tips are greatly appreciated. ;) My main question is about charts for that area, where can I get one? Also was wondering about chips for gps units, do they have anything for this area? Might be the reason I need to up grade my present unit if you know what I mean. :whistling:

Bernie, Joe said if I was ever up in the area to be sure to contact you. So I'm giving you the warning now. :D We will be up there the July 29th to August 1st. Not sure it it will work out or not but it would be nice to hook up for a coffee or maybe some time on the water. On August 1st we are heading over to Whispering Pines On The Bay on Rock Lake near Killarney. I can taste the fish and chips from the bus now! It's looking like a great week.

The fish n' chips from that bus are something else eh!!!

There is a chip for Nipissing, Hotmaps Premium 08 and 08 have it. works well too! If your looking for a new GPS give Jos a ring he'll set you up at a fair price.

G

Fishinsled, you will be at the opposite end of the lake from me. 50 to 60 miles away. Did the trip in a boat last year to Lakair. Took an hour and a half in good conditions in a boat.

My brother has a Garmin Rino with maps of both ends of the lake. I used it to navigate to Lakair. Worked great. Can't seem to get the west end of the map on to my Rino.

Hey Bernie, nothing like a little adventure if the conditions will allow. I'll look into a mortgage for the gas and will let you know. :rolleyes::D

Thanks Gerritt and BillM. Looking forward to your report BillM and and you're bang on about the fish and chips Gerritt. Big portions too!

Wait a minute Will....

I don't remember the invite to this weekend? Hmmmm.....

Must be lost in the mail.....LOL

:dunno:

:D:P

Don't you remember Bly saying something about leaving you and the kids at home the next time that I was going fishing.... :whistling: