Quinte

RangerGuy

Well,

Me and my pooch went to Quinte Saturday. Launched at 6:15am.... I was surprised that nobody was at the ramp. Not very many boats out at all. I started the day by tearing my transducer cable in 1/2 launching the boat on a piece of wood that I thought was floating in the water. So I was fishing blind all day.

Not much cloud cover or wind all day but still managed 5 fish 12,18,20,24,27 inches.. Funny each fish came from a different spot. I could not find more than one fish in each area LOL! I think maybe I wasn't fishing shallow enough these fish all came in 20 to 35' range.

So they weren't jumping in the boat but I've only fished Quinte a handfull of times so I'm please :)

I was at Quinte fri,sat, and sunday. The fishing was pretty slow for the most part. We only caught 16 for the trip between 4 of us, so sounds like you did pretty well! Most of our fish were from the 20-25 foot range as well though. A couple early morning eyes were a feeding off a hump at around 14 feet but that bite died pretty quick.

Guest Johnny Bass

Too bad about the transducer but I guess it could have been worse. At least you caught some fish.

Thanks for the report.

Thanks guys,

I haven't made a fishing post in a long time. It's good to be back :) Lots of new faces here LOL!

I forgot to mention that my new 24 volt Terrova was just awesome! I used it all day basically anytime I trolled Saturday.. it moves my boat at 3mph at full speed. I was trolling with it between .5 - 1.5 mph and for positioning while casting . It only used 1 bar out of 4 on the battery meter AMAZING!.

Edited by RangerGuy

Thanks guys,

I haven't made a fishing post in a long time. It's good to be back :) Lots of new faces here LOL!

I forgot to mention that my new 24 volt Terrova was just awesome! I used it all day basically anytime I trolled Saturday.. it moves my boat at 3mph at full speed. I was trolling with it between .5 - 1.5 mph and for positioning while casting . It only used 1 bar out of 4 on the battery meter AMAZING!.

So how much would your old, (my new) motor have used?

The old motor for general purpose casting positioning for a long day would probably use 1/2 my battery power but if I try to troll with it all day "constant on" like I did Saturday I'd have to charge them up Saturday night if I planned on fishing all Sunday.

Hey Ranger Guy, excellent choice for a fishing partner. I live in the Quinte region, and was in the opener tourney. I caught a 2lb and a 7.7 on Saturday morning, and 4.5 on Sunday. I went out this past Sunday, and only had one strike before the winds got too high, but met a couple of guys who had 2 roughly 4lb fish, they were catching them on the weighted rubber minnow baits