Torpedo Divers

Stoty

Ya, I got mine yesterday. We are planning on going out on Saturday with Vanselena so he can show us how to use them. Just waiting on the weather and wind report. Last weekend was a wash out.

Tanks Vans, they look really cool.

Joey

interesting... I would love to hear how it goes...looks like a lot less resistance than a pink lady/dispsy diver....kinda cool. fire off that report once you get the hang of it! (please :) )

I got mine 2 weeks ago with a free tutorial!!! :P

Mine will be in the water tomorrow morning and I hope to have a great report to share. If the fish don't cooperate, I'll at least comment on thier performance.

Why use them instead of a dipsy?

I don't think they will replace the roll of a dipsy without using planer boards. More accuratly, they would replace the pink lady, jet divers or deep 6's by achieving much more depth givin the same amount of line out.

They would also be a great alternative to downriggers for those guys that want to get down deep but can't justify the cost of downriggers for the amount of time they would use them.

For me, I think they will be a great addition to my spread off the boards.

-Brian

The only thing I have a question about is how/if they would get in the way while fighting a fish, if you have them attached via 3-way swivel.

Any thoughts?

Matthew recommends a short lead off the swivel, about 1/2 the length of the diver. In theory it could wrap itself around the line but it won't be near the fish.

If you use the elastic technique and the elastic breaks, the diver will slide down the line but this shouldn't effect the fight either.

-Brian

Used them off of the boards - I ran the Musky diver, had to move the weights all the way forward on the board and then it was OK.

Also learned a trick on how to get the clip to hold stronger...

As per SP, I will add them to the spread, mainly off the boards - occasionally as a tail gunner.

:-)

Guest gbfisher

Nothin like free gimmick advertising. :lol::rolleyes:

Sure hate to see some one wear one of them pointy heavy objects while fighting a fish at the side of the boat...... :o

No one said fishing was safe though.... :dunno: