Greek fishing report

Just got back from a vacation in Greece. Lots of amazing sites. I didn't fish, but being on the islands there where some people fishing. It seamed to be only men (no kids or woman that I saw). Almost all used very long poles with no reels and a float with some sort of mash for bait. One guy had a fishing pole made of four, 4 foot sections of black PVC pipe each one slightly smaller then the previous one. It was a home made telescoping rod. While there were lots of people fishing and I saw lots of fish in the water, I only saw one person catch a fish.

IMGP8353.jpg

Tackle for sale in the harbour. Pre-spooled and ready to go. I was tempted but we were not on a fishing trip and I didn't know what (if any) regs there were.

IMGP8198.jpg

Tackle department in the local market right between the olive oil and the wine

IMGP0036.jpg

Lots of small fish in the harbour eating the fish guts from the cleaned fish from the fishermen

IMGP8739.jpg

IMGP8476.jpg

This was the only guy I saw catching a fish. He caught a small fish that looked a bit like a perch, you can't see the fish because this octopus tried to steel it from him, while the fishermen was happy to have the octopus he did not want to touch it at all.

IMGP8190.jpg

IMGP8192.jpg

IMGP8194.jpg

IMGP8642.jpg

There are a few fish photos I took while snorkeling but they are on a water proof film camera.

I'll post a few scenic photos about our trip as well in a separate thread. Don't tell my wife, but these photos took priority over the 1200 photos I while we were gone.

Nice pics, I'll wait for the following ones but enjoyed these as well... Those octopus can stick on you're arm like nothing else and their tentacles leave bruises on ya too... I can't wait to get back over there myself, been 6 years

Awesome pics man....yeah ,us Greeks really have our prioritys straight..... having wine , fishing tackle and olive oil as our daily bought store goods....lol.......what Island was that?

We were on Mykonos, Paros and Santorini. The octopus was caught in the town of Rafina on the mainland. The more scenic shots were from Mykonos and Paros.