Team Ladyfish Strikes Again

Shmirwin blessed us with his presence today at our favourite carp and catfish spot. As always, I fished for the easiest thing I could, bluegills. And yet again I caught what I wasn't trying to catch.

To start, I hooked into a nice sized carp, which just happened to be my new PB! Imagine my excitement pulling up a big old 20 pound carp (at least that's what the scale said) on a trout hook and worm (and the boys' dismay).

DSC01438wlogo.jpg

But the day was still young and I hadn't crushed their dreams quite yet. They were trying to catch carp using their fancy rigs and their fancy red corn but I'm a simple girl and stuck to my hook and worm. Next fish on the species list today was the mighty yellow perch. Oh the fight. I set the hook and it was in my lap! By this point the boys were starting to get a little antsy. I just had to give fresh perch a taste!

DSC01440.jpg

So another 2 seconds (okay maybe 3) went by and my rod started bouncing. So I set hook into a nice sized channel cat.

DSC01441wlogo.jpg

This is the part where I was getting cocky and the boys were getting cranky. So I let them have a turn as Rich hooked into a little kitten of his own. So cute. Bye bye!

DSC01445wlogo.jpg

I took back the catch priveleges of course shortly after with an onslaught of panfish! Pumpkinseed, bluegill, rock bass, I had it ALL baby! And boy was Shmirwin pee'd!

DSC01442.jpg

DSC01452.jpg

Then as all fell silent for another 30 seconds, I hooked into another one of those annoying carp. If Shmirwin had a temperature gauge, it would be through the roof at this point.

DSC01447wlogo.jpg

It looked bleak for Team Skunkfish (the boys) but I heard Rich whisper some secret tactic in Shmirwin's ear. Shmirwin quickly changed baits and casted for the cover. Soon after he was into a nice channel cat, which was actually bigger than mine (in length) but looks tiny compared to big old Shmirwin.

DSC01450wlogo.jpg

A few bullheads and another little channel cat later and Shmirwin was getting the call from the Gestapo (wife) to get home for some din din. She informed him over the phone that next time she'd be there to make sure Team Ladyfish kept an even stiffer lead on the competition.

It was a great time with great people, I'm looking forward to another voyage or two (or 50) before the cats are gone!

Enjoyed reading it :D

That carp's FAT! Congrats on the PB.

hm. now i'm going to think twice before introducing my girlfriend to fishing...i may have more time to get out but i'll catch smaller/less fish. hmm... what do you say Rich? :whistling:

I prefer putting the people around me on fish of their lives, rather than catching them myself. I've caught enough big carp and cats to satisfy me in the past anyway.

Yup, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

:lol: