PLEASE READ!

i know i read the replys when i clicked on the link my computer wont run it and Dan i was just asking im 13 years old a regulation book isnt the first thing on my list of things to get..thats why i wanted to hear it form other older fisherman who have been doing this for a very long time take it easy.

once again, here is a link to the regs. the zones are easy to distinguish, make sure you read the exceptions because some lakes or portions of a lake don't follow standard rules. Also some lakes have slot limits, that is, limits on the size of fish you can keep.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsF...L02_163615.html

and just in case Chinese is easier for you, here they are in Chinese (just learned this was available, shouldn't be any excuses anymore i.e. bucket full of bass post)

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsF...ion/239746.html

OK small fry.

1) Get the regulations book

2) Try to figure it out

3) post: your region, body of water and what you think the answer is. quote page numbers.

4) a promise....if you do the above someone will let you know if you are right and give the answer if you are wrong

get going, fishing time is a wasting.

PS at 13 you have way more time for this than old working guys

Edited by forrest

i know i read the replys when i clicked on the link my computer wont run it and Dan i was just asking im 13 years old a regulation book isnt the first thing on my list of things to get..thats why i wanted to hear it form other older fisherman who have been doing this for a very long time take it easy.

If you plan on doing a lot of fishing it should be the first thing to get. You can get it anywhere for FREE and that way you can always reference it when your going out fishing. It will probably be an interesting read for you. Just trying to help you out here.

Edit: Damn I type slow

Edited by Dan Bouck

We're not trying to be hard on you little angler. I think I speak for all of us when I say, we believe it is important for all anglers to be self-reliant, sometimes you will be in a situation where there will be no one to ask, that is why its important to learn how to use these resources. I know you are young, and thats great, the sooner you learn how to use the regs, the more quickly you can become an accomplished angler.

Also, in case you didn't know, the regulations book is FREE, you just need to get to Canadian tire or any local tackle shop to pick it up.

and if you look at Dans Avatar picture thats a perfect example of why you should read the regs. That is an OOS bass and he still claims it was legal....

LOL

BTW After Mike's musky in his avatar was caught it was shore lunch :P

Edited by Dan Bouck

I know where LA is coming from on downloading the regs. PDF doesn't get along with all operating systems, especially VISTA (what a piece of sh** that is!)

... but I'm sure he buys fishin' tackle, and if they sell tackle they prolly have the reg booklets.

I've noticed the younger generation on here claim that they don't have time, can't get, or can't understand (one young member stated he wasn't a rocket scientist) the regs.

I'm sure after a fine or two, they'd find the time and/or the place to get them... and then study them until they understood them.

There's an old saying.... something along the lines of "IGNORANCE of the LAW is NO EXCUSE"

Edited to Say:

You can bet your Sweet Bippy I have and will continue to study the new regs and exceptions for zone 11 for our upcoming Lakair G2G... the last thing I want is for my fishing trip to be ruined because I was ignorant :rolleyes:

The last thing I expected to happen last year was to get checked on Lake Nippissing, but low and behold. Muskiestud and I were both checked while out in the boat. We were well whitin our limits (1 Pike between the two of us) and had our proper papers... but it could've been a very bad experience if we had done something wrong because "We didn't Know"

Edited by Greencoachdog

Little Angler;

I'm sorry that you have been getting the run around from the board Guru's.

The answer to your question is...

Fergus, Simcoe the Lake and Simcoe the City are all in the new area 16.

Walleye are open from May 10th, next Saturday until Dec,31st

Bass are open from June 28th until Nov. 30th

Pike are open From next Saturday until Dec. 31st.

Musky aren't open in Lake Simcoe at all, but in other parts of area 16 From June & until Dec. 15th.

Brook Trout are open from A26th until Sept 30th.

There is no close season on Yellow Perch, Crappie or Sunfish.

There are no exceptions for Bellwood Lake at Fergus. There are exceptions if you want to fish in the Grand River, below the dam.

There are exceptions for Lake Simcoe re: the opening of Lake Trout, White Fish and Cisco, May 10th, and a possession limit of 50 Perch nether of which you asked about.

You will want to get your own FREE copy of the regulations at CTC or any place that sells licences.

Good Luck

Garry2R's