OFN Carp gtg May 24 *UPDATED*

Victor

U P D A T E D M A Y 22

Date: Saturday May 24

Time: AM till whenever

Please post or send me a PM if you're interested. For those who already replied, you will receive a PM from me sometime today.

Edited by Victor

Saturday would work for me, will probably show up with two boys. Thanks for organizing this.

BBQ may be a problem ... who's going to man the BBQ when we're all hauling ;-)

BTW, Port Credit swim gets pretty crowed by carpers during the weekends in May, if more than 10 show up we might have to practice accurate casting for a few days before going there LOL

Saturday would work for me, will probably show up with two boys. Thanks for organizing this.

BBQ may be a problem ... who's going to man the BBQ when we're all hauling ;-)

BTW, Port Credit swim gets pretty crowed by carpers during the weekends in May, if more than 10 show up we might have to practice accurate casting for a few days before going there LOL

BBQ? i have already taken that into account, i know that your two boys will be coming ... and when they say "daddy we're hungry" ... i don't think you have much of a choice.

I noticed it gets crowded at P.C. last time we were there ... maybe some of us will have to set up our Pods at the rockpiles lol. Skyway at Hamilton is good but we'll have to see if everyone's willing to travel that way ... let me know guys and girls!

This comming saturday pike opens here so i am going to spend the day pike fishing.

Sunday i could come.

Next weekend i am free i think, and the long weekend after that i am off to Ottawa so no good then.

I have a little portable charcoal bbq that can be used if you guys want to bbq.

You guys say it might be packed, since a lot of people fish carp there.

Do carp move in large numbers or you`ll see couple caught every day.

Never fished there so i have no idea what to expect.

Although we say it might be "crowded" ... that swim does have quite a bit of room, it's just that with the long rods anglers might need alittle more room to place their bait/rig.

There should be numbers in that area ... whether they choose to bite or not i won't know lol. The fish in my avatar is caught there. It seems that May 17th will be a good day for everyone ...

DSN, if your problem is transportation, I am sure it can be arranged.

But for picking a Sunday.... I might have to pass on this. Church in the morning and kid's skating class in the afternoon..... Will pray for you guys at least.

:thumbsup_anim:I'd like to give 'er a shot . . . unfortunately I have to leave planning almost to the last day, because of health issues . . . . but any day agreed upon is fine by me. As for crowds . . . . if I go, I'll be set up by about 05:00, not too crowded then. As a second choice, the mouth of Etibicoke Creek, west side . . . Marie Curtis Park. The advantage Port Credit has . . . there's washrooms close at hand . . . . parking can be a little iffy for latecomers. GR R R R E A T idea though . . . . if lowly steal?headers, muskie chasers & bassers can have clubs, why can't respectible carp guys too? :rolleyes: For those who use feeders & hair rigs, I'll have lotsa extra maize and groundbait. I wonder how my groundbait recipe would hold up as patties on a barbie?

You mean fish for carp during the day? Never tried that before...are you sure you can catch them then??? LOL.

Rumor has it you're a vampire cliff...Sucking the life forces from fish before setting them free to catch again at a later date.

I imagine the mouth of the rouge has enough space. Haven't hauled a carp out of there in years though.

Rouge has been redone (beautified) quite a bit but the number of parking spaces have been reduced a lot. Also not much space along the river/bay to cast. Not sure how much carp are still in there as well. The water level now may not be as high as the picture shows from a month ago.

DSC_5046.jpg