Bay of Quinte Walleye Report

Well it felt good to be back on the Bay of Quinte eventhough the weather was nasty.Most of the weekend we had high winds and off and on

Rain was a little chilly but we all dressed for the occasion.

I went with friends Dave,Danny and my boat pilot Kenny and we fished out of his side console boat.

Saturday Morning we got on the water and it raining which won't stop us especially since we were in the Kiwanis fishing Tournament.

Dave was with Danny in the Princecraft boat and Dave managed to hook into an 8.98 lbs walleye which was weighed in Picton Harbour.

Now these old guys :wallbash: Danny has a brand new camera and he didn't take a picture of Dave's new PB :dunno:

Did meet up with Superdad who weighed in a 11.2 pounder in Picton Harbour.

Well enough with the bordom here are the pics.

IMG_1122_1.jpg

Ken's first walleye 4 pounds even.

IMG_1119_1.jpg

This one was 6lbs 4oz.A new PB for Kenny

IMG_1126_1.jpg

A shot from Green point.

IMG_1129_1.jpg

My boat pilot.

IMG_1131_1.jpg

The other 2 guys who were roughing it.Must be nice!

IMG_1133_1.jpg

IMG_1134_1.jpg

Finally it was my turn on Day 2 a 21 incher for the team.Team #6 The Reel Screamers.

IMG_1136_1.jpg

I could barely hold this sign made of foam core in the high winds believe me it was rough out there.

IMG_1139_1.jpg

Rougher than it looks.

IMG_1140_1.jpg

IMG_1146_1.jpg

Bayside Cottages.

IMG_1147_1.jpg

IMG_1152_1.jpg

Yes GCD I was driving a side console boat and I found it tough to control the boat with the wheel.

I love my Tiller.

IMG_1154_1.jpg

IMG_1156_1.jpg

Results top ten Walleye Kiwanis tournament.

IMG_1157_1.jpg

Results top ten Pike.

IMG_1158_1.jpg

Junior participants results.

IMG_1159_1.jpg

Release Tank.

IMG_1160_1.jpg

Top Walleye prize a Lund 1425 Classic with 25hp Honda.

IMG_1161_1.jpg

Top Pike prize a Lund WC 14 with a 15hp Honda.

IMG_1162_1.jpg

This car was flipped on the way home in Brockville.

It seems people are not getting the message the 401 seems like a race track the newer stiifer fines

seem to have no effect.

Oh and the OPP stopped us on the water for an inspection which we passed they also checked fishing permits

and the livewell.They are doing a good job.

Well hope you enjoyed my report despite tough conditions we did boat some nice fish and we did get some OOS bass too.

2 more weeks and I will be back in Quinte for the long weekend.

Mike the pike :Gonefishing:

Edited by Mike the Pike

Great report Mike! Looked pretty rough out there....a little reminiscent of the G2G back in November! Congrats on your tourney entry as well....although I'm sure you'll be beating that size many times over before the end of the year.

Great stuff Mike, way to weather the big water - We stayed to the smaller water and even that was pretty nuts on Sunday (I've still got the sea legs going here at my desk). You guys got into some nice sizes there but that 20lb pike that went up day one - pretty much new that one would run away with it. With 4lb difference over second, must have been one happy camper when that got pulled in.

Guest Johnny Bass

Excellent report! Other than the bad weather, looks like you guys did well. A 20lb pike? I wonder where that was caught??Probably trolling deep for pickeral.

Nice going Mike... Glad ya got fish other than pike... That fish doesn't count though... all I see is www.ofnccity.com with some fingers mixed in ;) and yup you know the waves are big when the horizon shifts and the land gets tilted by 10 degrees lol. Glad you enjoyed yourself anyway

Mike,

It was nice to say hi, even though we were bobbing up and down on the water. You guys did well. The weather sucked on Sunday, so we left at 0930.

Thanks for the picture of the winning weights and the names, the results posted other places were quite wrong. I will use your photo to show the results.

I'm sure you'll be back this summer, perhaps we can get together.

Cheers

David aka Superdad

Mike,

Thanks very much for all the effort that went into posting this report.

One of the best in some time Bud.

Sure nice to hear you got into some marble eye action too...your whole crew.

Sorry about that bad experience with the console...bet you didnt sleep at all last night.....lol

Yo...go tiller..go tiller

Mike...Ive a console on mine....it was a preference tho....

Im going to PM ya Bud...when your down next Ill be slipped at BayMarine about 5km east of Trenton but I can see the BayBridge from the slip. We'll have to gettogether for sure....Im there for the season.

Thanks also for the pics on the leader boards...that was nice to see....

Where was that freaky yellar bird you usually have?.......LOL

Nice report Mike !!

Oh.. and BTW.. your fish doesn't count.. can't read that little sign with your hand in the way! :D

I was holding onto that sign for dear life Wayne that and trying to keep my balance was enough .

Not sure how many KPH the wind was blowin but it was worse than the November G2G.

If my had of been paper it would have ripped out of my Hand.I know I need to learn how to hold Pike and tourney signs.

Great report, is that FF in the background of the first pic? if so I'm heading there this coming weekend, and hope to have some of the same success.

Yes that is Fosters in the background.Have a good weekend fishing take lots of pics :Gonefishing:

Mike,

Thanks very much for all the effort that went into posting this report.

One of the best in some time Bud.

Sure nice to hear you got into some marble eye action too...your whole crew.

Sorry about that bad experience with the console...bet you didnt sleep at all last night.....lol

Yo...go tiller..go tiller

Mike...Ive a console on mine....it was a preference tho....

Im going to PM ya Bud...when your down next Ill be slipped at BayMarine about 5km east of Trenton but I can see the BayBridge from the slip. We'll have to gettogether for sure....Im there for the season.

Thanks also for the pics on the leader boards...that was nice to see....

Where was that freaky yellar bird you usually have?.......LOL

Peter I will be back May 16th staying at Mowhawk campground.Have you slimed the new boat yet?

Mike,

It was nice to say hi, even though we were bobbing up and down on the water. You guys did well. The weather sucked on Sunday, so we left at 0930.

Thanks for the picture of the winning weights and the names, the results posted other places were quite wrong. I will use your photo to show the results.

I'm sure you'll be back this summer, perhaps we can get together.

Cheers

David aka Superdad

We will hook up again Dave PM me your campsite and I will try and stop by the May Long weekend.

I was holding onto that sign for dear life Wayne that and trying to keep my balance was enough .

Not sure how many KPH the wind was blowin but it was worse than the November G2G.

If my had of been paper it would have ripped out of my Hand.I know I need to learn how to hold Pike and tourney signs.

Yer s'posed to hol' it in yer malf like dis.

cliff31inchcarp.jpg