Stickbait Colors?"The New Best Bait"

MCTFisher9120

Hey im interested in the different colors that work for Senkos and Dingers. My best is Bubblegum, however i also bought more for this season in green pumpkin, black blue, and a clear white color. Has anyone tried these colors?

Also I have bought the Forked Tail Yum Dingers, has anyone used these?

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

O they work fine, just didn't know about the new colors. The bags take up to much room. The only bait i keep in the bags are anything Gulp. The bait's don't seem to be affected when they are in a closed, latched Plano container. I am a firm beleiver in scent and if they are not working i give em a spray of Yum Sent and were off to the races. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

I like Watermelon and Carolina Pumpkin, but I would give any of the colours you mentioned a try.

When you read about what the Pro's are using, keep in mind that in the southern and western USA

the water is often the colour of double-double coffee.

Senko sells their baits in kits that come in Plano boxes, so I think you're safe to do the same.

The rule of thumb on bait colour is to match the colour of the bait the fish feeding on...As the fly fishers say, "Match-the-Hatch."

If you're not sure what that is, Kevin Van Dam recommends that you match the colour of the bottom.

KVD says that for camouflage, the bait fish and Crayfish in a given area will be the same colour as the bottom.

That makes sense to me...

Edited by garry2rs

I don't use them very much Mike but they might work better for you if you stored them in the original bags that you bought them in.

I'd agree they take up too much room, but it's nice to have them in bags to ease switching things around in the tacklebox. My solution is to use ziplock snack bags - about half the size of a normal sandwich bag and a couple bucks for fifty of them. They also weigh considerably less than the original packaging, which adds up when you are carrying a hundred plus packages.

I would half to say i have not tried the Yakamoto (did i spell it right) baits. I first seen Yum with Bob Izumi. I tried em and i can't see how they can get better, I mean they have the LPT in each Dinger, plus all of the other Yum baits i have faith in all Yum products and there's nothing better than beleiving in the bait you throw each time you go fishing!

O they work fine, just didn't know about the new colors. The bags take up to much room. The only bait i keep in the bags are anything Gulp. The bait's don't seem to be affected when they are in a closed, latched Plano container. I am a firm beleiver in scent and if they are not working i give em a spray of Yum Sent and were off to the races. :thumbsup_anim:

Mike try and use that yum scent on dark baits because it will turn all light coloured baits purple and it does not seem to come out.

MTP

I also don`t use them much, the plano boxes work for most of the soft plastics I have seen, most of mine are in them and I have lots. I also use baggies but zip lock freezer bags. Might be wrong but Gulp plastics might dry out if not kept in bags? And the triple x soft plastics were made of a different material that I heard stories about melting plano boxes, again no personal experience.

singingdog is probably close to the truth with the color selection thing, I do believe color can make a big difference with the amount of hits on the same lure type.

Senko`s just sort of struck me as a funny looking pricey worm, I can do a lot of the same things with a worm.

My preference for most worms is Zoom, same with Lizards, but I carry a mix. Scent? Pam with garlic if I use any at all not built in, even my dogs like it.

I usually start of with a dark soft plastic lure, Junebug or such, it seems to work every where I have fished. Don`t know how much trouble a fish has looking at objects falling from the sky into the water in the sunlight but a dark color maybe easier to see? If the bite is tough usually the first thing I try is mixing up colors, dark, light, medium to see if it makes a difference.

Guest lundboy

For bass, I've tried Gulp and regular cheapo BPS grubs (sorry not senko type baits) side by side (same colour). Didn't make a difference bass hit them the same.

My most productive colours are green pumpkin, and watermelon. Occasionally white works best late in the day.

For some strange reason I found that spaying the regular grubs with YUM scent stops the bite, but that may just be an anomaly.

I got some Gulp scent spray this year, I'll see how it works.

Edited by lundboy