Is This Any Good

MCTFisher9120

not to bad, good price. BUT, if u wanna get ur moneys worth, spend a little more when it comes to a baitcaster, u won;t be disappointed. try one of these

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...0003000_100-3-1

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...0003000_100-3-1

buddy of mine just got the daiwa megaforce and loves it. and i;ve used the shimano citica and its a very nice reel as well. take a look, both also come with very good rods as part of the combo.

As many know i have been looking for a baitcast combo. I think i may of found one. I'm not loaded on money but feel this is a good combo. I want the 7' Medium Heavy rod. http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...t=SearchResults

i'm not sure if you have taken into consideration for transport/storage but those rods are 1 piece ... just a heads up. I usually go fishing with my mom's car (compact sized car) ... it's somewhat difficult to deal with my one piece rod.

i agree with uglyfish though. When i first started i bought a bunch of of "OK" gear... eventually i have to upgrade and the old gear would just be sitting at home ... so i'd say if you can spare the money or save up, try to go with something better providing that you're hoping to use it in the long run.

Good luck on your purchase!

Instead of a combo sink your money into a reel. You can pick up the BPS Extreme for $59 on the website, cost you about $20 in tax and shipping to get it here. I have 5 of these and for the money best reel I ever fished with.

The tourney special rods are a good value to start with. As well theres some very decent rods at LeBarons for $40-50

Watch for the reels to go on sale at toronto store for $69

I would stay away from the combo deals.

Yeah, as would I. Not too often do you get decent deals along with quality when you purchase a combo. I would suggest looking on eBay for a reel and checking out the local stores for a rod. You can find reels on eBay pretty cheap but watch out for shipping, some guys are good and some are ridiculous. Rod shipping is normally too expensive to make it worth while.

I just took a quick look and found some decent deals.

Abu Garcia 5600 BCX

Quantum Accurist

Daiwa Procaster (used) This was my first baitcaster only the older model. I still have it and still use it. Never had any problems and I have caught some monsters with it.

Good luck with the rod and reel hunt. It'll take a while to get used to the baitcaster but once you do, it's a ton of fun!