Finally Got My Ranger 620 VS Boat Today!!!

Minnow

Congrads on getting your Ranger. I bought a Ranger Reata (Fish n Ski) 4 years ago from Whitewater Marine, just east of Peterborough on hy 7. They are now closed and when I needed a part I went into DT Powersports near Uxbridge. When they checked their records and found out I hadn't bought it there they were not really interested in helping me. They questioned why I hadn't bought it from them and I told them they were not a Ranger dealer at the time. They really gave me the runaround trying to sell me more than I needed and told me the part I needed could not be ordered separately so I ended up getting a non Ranger part for the trailer and just the part I needed, not the whole assembly. Works just fine. They left a bad taste in my mouth with their attitude and I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. Since you bought the boat there, they may treat you better, I hope.

The day I put the Ranger in the water for the first time I caught a 53 1/2" Muskie on Balsam Lake while fishing for Walleyes. Good Luck with your Ranger.

Poppa

Think I saw your boat there last week when I dropped our Lund off for service .Great looking boat and they were good enough to let my kids hop into it and try it out ....

just kidding . :whistling:

If Pikeie was there there would have only been a big puddle of drool.

Good looking boat ... and my experience with DT ( yes we did buy from them) has been good .

TB

BTW Minnow... have your father, or yourself, check what batteries DT put in the boat. We have issues with mine and the fact that the kicker alternator does not produce enough wattage in comparison to what the power steering pump uses.. thus your kicker battery will be slowly killed if trolling all day on the kicker. We were only getting about 2 hours on the BOQ in the fall before my Lowrance would shut off as we were down to 10.7 volts and would have to start the big motor to recharge things. I finally just unhooked the kickers isolated connection to the power steering pump to stop the drain down.

After working all winter with the dealer, Mercury and Lund... the Verado battery (that can't have anything but the Verado hooked to it) and the accessory/kicker battery are now spec'd to be both AGM's .. Absorbed Glass Matt batteries... or Acquired by Great amounts of Money!

I'm being reimbursed for the two that I picked up today, while Terry and I were out killing time. I got a deal on them at, with tax, $573.69 for the pair ! West Marine's catalogue price is $295US a piece. Temagami Marine isn't gonna be too happy reimbursing this one... but they're gonna anyhow on customer satisfaction alone. Lund and Mercury won't cover it for them and why I suggest you have a look NOW to see what DT put in your boat. If you find they installed normal wet acid batteries and DT gets their fur up... tell them to call Art Bates at Mercury.. and he'll set them straight.

Minimum battery spec is AGM 800MCA and a minimum RC25 rating of 135 minutes capacity. I bought West Marines Sea Volt 8A31DT that has 1000 MCA, 190 minute reserve and 105AH. They JUST fit in the battery trays. Other recommended batteries that meet spec are Exide XMC-31, Optima D31M and West Marine Sea Volt 8A27M AGM... if you can find them.

Edited by irishfield

boat that nice i wouldnt leave it out side take care of it and it look new for years watch out for and stumps and stuff with that SS prop can really damage engine ( i have seen people hit stuff with SS props and well its not nice) so take care of her :Gonefishing:

Thanks for the tip irishfield I will definately check the batteries to see what kind they are but I believe they are regular acid batteries, and one battery is shared by the kicker and verado will have to double check though

I hope they don't have a single battery for both Verado and kicker. Did they run out of space for batteries? Verado must have a dedicated battery with nothing else on it... all accessories are supposed to be on the kicker battery. Even if you don't have a kicker you're supposed to have two batteries.. one for the Verado.. one for all the accessories. The Verado alternator output goes thru an isolator to both batteries to keep them charged when running the lake. If you are on only one battery for both motors.... keep in mind that the Verado won't start if you get below around 11 volts. Computer won't let it... and the kicker puts out less amperage than the power steering draws when using it. Be a long trip home on the bow mount. Also part of the reason for the dedicated Verado battery is voltage consistancy... no spikes from accessories etc.. Verado computer is worth around 5 grand I'm told.

Edited by irishfield