Ah crap!

grt1

got home from the usa on monday and the snow was gone. Spring was definately in the air.

yesterday Ichecked the 5 day forcast, going to -10 at nights, snow on Friday, and Saturday.

Then today those buggers in the Dakotas decided to send us a storm and right now it's blowing at 40 kmph with ice pellets and snow. Now the weather man is saying we are in for 20-30 cm of snow.

I don't ask much, just a few months of open water. but it looks like the ice won't be gone until the opening of walleye season up here. If we are luck!!!!

I talked to a friend yesterday who went trout fishing on a lake east of here and there was 30" of ice on it. when you add the new snow we are getting, it's going to take forever to break up.

Sorry for the rant but it REALLY is getting depressing.

That sucks and I can sense your disillusionment with this year's winter wallop. Now am I correct relaying that there is thirty inches of ice out that way? Wow.

Spring is coming my friend, I wouldn't have believed so here in the GTA about a month ago, and it's coming fast.

yup, you read it right, 30 inches of ice.

Gullrock Lake is on the Red Lake chain of lakes, there are 5 lakes interconnected : Red Lake -- it flows into Chukuni River, Chukuni River flows into Keg Lake , then the river starts again and flows into Gullrock Lake, then back into the river again that flows into two island lake. On the eastern end of Gullrock you go up a large creek into Ranger Lake.

We are 350 miles northwest of Thunder Bay; 110 miles north of Vermillion Bay (Eagle Lake's main village); 180 miles north east of Kenora and the Lake of the Woods; 45 miles north of Ear Falls (west end of Lac Seul)

In other words, right in the heart of some of the world's best fishing!

yup, you read it right, 30 inches of ice.

Gullrock Lake is on the Red Lake chain of lakes, there are 5 lakes interconnected : Red Lake -- it flows into Chukuni River, Chukuni River flows into Keg Lake , then the river starts again and flows into Gullrock Lake, then back into the river again that flows into two island lake. On the eastern end of Gullrock you go up a large creek into Ranger Lake.

We are 350 miles northwest of Thunder Bay; 110 miles north of Vermillion Bay (Eagle Lake's main village); 180 miles north east of Kenora and the Lake of the Woods; 45 miles north of Ear Falls (west end of Lac Seul)

In other words, right in the heart of some of the world's best fishing!

:clapping: ohhh man I miss it up there was in Red lake/ Ear falls working many moons ago you could stop ANYWHERE and catch fish,there was a pond in the pit where the Asphalt plant was that had Pickeral in it ,you T Bay and area fellas have it made

Ice conditions aren't much different right around Thunder Bay. Over 24" on the weekend according to a friend of mine. Looks like we might get some snow this weekend too. That's the price that we have to pay to live up here. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.